Thread: Wish List

Default Wish List

Here are some things I would like to be able to do with GEarth. Anybody have any ideas?

In the layers palette, I can turn "Populated Places" and "Geographic Features" on or off. I use those two fairly often. In the navigation bar at the bottom, two options are "Lodging" and "Dining", which I never use.

I would love the ability to chunk the never used lodging and dining, and replace them with the oft-used populated places and geographic features.

If that isn't possible, wouldn't it be great to be able to rearrange the items in the layers palette, bring the most used to the top?

Wouldn't an easy on/off navigation panel (a la Photoshop's navigation palette) be nice? Something that shows a thumbnail view of the earth (pulled up to 10 miles high, 50 miles high, and/or 100 miles high)

How about a back-up feature? You start at a lake, see something interesting and scroll north, then see something else and zoom out and jump ten miles east, then crawl south, then you want to go back to that something interesting just north of the lake. Kind of a retrace your path feature.

Wouldn't an easy on/off navigation panel (a la Photoshop's navigation palette) be nice? Something that shows a thumbnail view of the earth
    They do have this. But I cannot figure out how to turn the overview window on.

http://www.keyhole.com/GoogleEarthHe...iew_Window.htm