Thread: Major lock-up issues

Default Major lock-up issues

This version of Google Earth has proved to be incredibly problematic for me. It was glitchy right from the start, but now I can't click on ANY placemarks but the ones I've created. If I click on the others, sometimes the contents of the window won't even show up. For all of them, however, when I try to click away from the window to make it go away GE just locks up on me.

It doesn't matter if I choose OpenGL or DirectX. Both do this to me.

This is intensely annoying.

Anyone else having troubles?

Well, the problem is still there but after leaving it for a few hours it doesn't seem quite as bad as before. It SEEMS to be some sort of networking issue. I was looking at some of the placemarks that gave me problems before and finally hit one with a LOT of Korean text that finally created a similar problem as before. It took a while, but I let it sit and it did come back after several seconds. (unlike before)

Maybe I'll play with some settings. I don't have high hopes of making it stop though.

Did you post a bug report? They are pretty good about responding.

http://code.google.com/p/kml-samples/issues/list

Matt
    Matt Fox

Nope. Not yet. I wanted to tinker more. I did also find out it's that annoying 'script in this move causing Adobe Flash to run slowly' sort of message that pops up. Dunno what settings are screwed up here, though.

I have anti malware/virus software running and people who've had this happen in their main browser continue to have the problem once they confirm their machines are clean. Something's funky with my setup I guess.

Super Moderator

Yesterday I had the problem when I zoomed into a placemark I landed on another place either nearby of more far away. This also happened by clicking on a placemark.

When I activated the StreetView feature GE zoomed out and froze. I couldn't do anything.

I uninstalled GE and installed it again and all is OK again.

I'll have to give that a try, sladys. Thanks!

I wish we had a 'fingers crossed' emoticon.

Well, it seems to be running even better than before, though there's still one placemark I was using before that still trips up my system. I still get the script error when I try to look at the Spaceship Earth icon at Epcot when I turn on the Disney tourism layer.

Other than that single placemark, things look pretty good though.