Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blocked content in North East Russia discussion

Default Blocked content in North East Russia discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Blocked content in North East Russia

I don't know what they are blocking. Do You?

Default This is really strange!

What the hack is this?

Seems to me a flaw in image junction from the satellite photos. When GE wants to hide something (like the Capitol), they just do extensive blurring in the desired region.
    "Surfing on the waves of sound..."

They are pretty good businesspeople @ Google. Maybe it says Yahoo or MS
    Last edited by prettygoodcarpenter; 08-03-2005 at 12:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Probably a ruskie missile silo they didn't want shown.

it gotta be sumthing big (like a air field for instance) because by the google earth measurement tool the blacked out area is about 6.3miles x 2.3miles, unless of course it is just a defect in the mapping :-P

Unhappy

something's exploding here...white smoke around it...i wonder whats going on here

thats where russian disneyski is being built
    cant tip off the kids to the new chernoble heart ride

Quote Originally Posted by hoode1
    dude thats quite harsh!
    Phatman K & KAOS-Man @ www.pk-productions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by hoode1
    Quote Originally Posted by kareemamir
    dude thats quite harsh!
    But funny!

Default Actually...

Quote Originally Posted by felipeboralli
    Seems to me a flaw in image junction from the satellite photos. When GE wants to hide something (like the Capitol), they just do extensive blurring in the desired region.
    Actually, I think they blurred the Capital (presuming you mean Washington D.C, specifically the Whitehouse) so as to retain the basic image of a famous location which people already know is there and will certainly want to visit, without compromising security.
    With a site which is unknown to the public, such as this one in question, it would seem more reasonable to block it completly, rather than risk its identification from an albeit blurry image.
    So as to avoid suspicion, if they really wanted to block a site from public view, they could make it look like an error of some discription e.g a mis-alligned splice, which would hide the site whilst not attracting any interest from theorists.
    This said, it may well be an innocent imaging error. Though it is fun to theorise, and let's face it... there ARE secret locations in various places on earth. If this is one, then missile silos seem reasonable, it is Russia after all.

maybe it's helicopter or plain crash?

Its no longer a black spot nor is it smoking. But now its censored with a weird tan blur.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Quote Originally Posted by HiImNewWillYouBeMyFriend?
    Actually, I think they blurred the Capital (presuming you mean Washington D.C, specifically the Whitehouse) so as to retain the basic image of a famous location which people already know is there and will certainly want to visit, without compromising security.
    With a site which is unknown to the public, such as this one in question, it would seem more reasonable to block it completly, rather than risk its identification from an albeit blurry image.
    So as to avoid suspicion, if they really wanted to block a site from public view, they could make it look like an error of some discription e.g a mis-alligned splice, which would hide the site whilst not attracting any interest from theorists.
    This said, it may well be an innocent imaging error. Though it is fun to theorise, and let's face it... there ARE secret locations in various places on earth. If this is one, then missile silos seem reasonable, it is Russia after all.
    Looking at the White House in Washington DC seems to be quite easy and clear. No blocking going on here. Too bad for our soldiers in Iraq that they can't blur the areas where our friends and family are temporarily housed. I can go right to the area west of ------ and zoom right in on combat housing units (chu's), US helicopters parked on runways and even the swimming pool our soldiers take a break in. If North Korea and Russia can blur "sensitive" areas on Google Earth, it's my personal opinion that certain areas in Iraq should be able to be blurred during war time for the sake and safety of soldiers that don't have a choice of whether or not to be there for everyone to see.

I really dont wanna let you down, but it's nothing. You can see it here http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v...style=h&lvl=11