Thread: Google's Street View USA City Locations are coming up incorrect

Default Google's Street View USA City Locations are coming up incorrect

I noticed this when I put in a placemark for that Concorde that's at the Intrepid Museum in NYC. The CITY location for it shows up as being in Weehawken NJ, across the Hudson. VERY wrong.

Just now I was looking at the Alex Haley monument in Annapolis and realized that all of the Annapolis locations are coming as being in Cape St Claire, a good ways to the north.

The street location is correct, but the city is wrong. Some areas might be right or wrong, but I don't know the area as well so I can't say for sure. There's definitely a problem, though. I KNOW the Concorde and Annapolis 'city addresses' are wrong.

Can always depend on you to give us info. on street view. Errors to anything you want to see. Keep up the work, We all appreciate it.

I noticed this in our area, too. Took advantage of Google's new 'Report a problem to us' function. I received an Email saying they're looking into it.
    I have an existential map; it has 'you are here' written all over it.

Hopefully it will just be one fix for all errors, and I suspect that it probably will be. When I was looking around earlier today (at work, ssshhh!) other areas such as the many small towns inside the Beltway around DC on the Maryland side looked correct. I didn't put a vast amount of effort into it at the time though.

Unhappy Incorrect information

In my neighborhood the google maps call the runway in our neighborhood Live Oak Cove. The other day people were driving up and down the runway to looking for a house. This could be very dangerous since it is an active but uncontrolled runway.

It turns out that this is just one symptom of major changes at Google Maps. It would seem that Google is now providing their own data, whereas before they got it from Tele Atlas (the rumors have it that this break break-up occurred over the Android's new turn-by-turn directions). Since Google switched to their own data, a bunch of errors have cropped up. To be honest, I don't think most of them are really meaningful, but there are a lot of people out there who seem to get a great deal of perverse pleasure out of error-finding.
    I have an existential map; it has 'you are here' written all over it.