Thread: Rotating GEarth Just A Little Bit

Default Rotating GEarth Just A Little Bit

Have you ever wanted to rotate your view just a squish? I mean, just barely nudge the compass about 1║ to get a road perfectly horizontal or a building squared up on screen?

Using the "Rotate Right" and "Rotate Left" buttons turns the globe by 6║ per click, this is often too big of a step.

Keyboard shortcut time! Alt-Shift-Left Arrow key will rotate the world clockwise just less one degree. Alt-Shift-Right Arrow key will rotate the world counterclockwise by less than 1║.

Quote Originally Posted by Appletom
    Have you ever wanted to rotate your view just a squish? I mean, just barely nudge the compass about 1║ to get a road perfectly horizontal or a building squared up on screen?

Using the "Rotate Right" and "Rotate Left" buttons turns the globe by 6║ per click, this is often too big of a step.

Keyboard shortcut time! Alt-Shift-Left Arrow key will rotate the world clockwise just less one degree. Alt-Shift-Right Arrow key will rotate the world counterclockwise by less than 1║.
    Nice tip! I've experienced that very frustration a number of times. It's good to know a nice solution like that.

It's been added to the faq.

Have a look at details of the keyboard shortcuts at:
    http://www.keyhole.com/GoogleEarthHelp/GoogleEarth.htm