Thread: Streetview Location error

Default Streetview Location error

The files Lærdals tunnel - West entrance and Lærdals tunnel - East entrance of the newly released Norway streetview is submitted to the streetview section.

The first state that file Location is Hirtshals, Denmark and the second that it's located in Trollhättan, Sweden.

Beside that we before this saw the start and end of The world's longest road tunnel, it has now expanded from 24,5 km to 158 km of tunnel!! I am sure that Norwegians would be a bit disappointed to see that this 158 million dollars tunnel, now only 1000 dollar per meter, before 6500 dollars per meter, now has it's exit in Denmark and Sweden. Well it could be a drilling error and miscalculation, but then it must be one of the major ones in present time .

Am I the first to submit a streetview file from Norway to GEH?

Lærdals tunnel - West entrance
    Category
    Bridges/Tunnels/Dams

Lærdals tunnel - East entrance
    Category
    Bridges/Tunnels/Dams
    Last edited by T.Dooley; 02-09-2010 at 02:13 PM.
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen

Super Moderator

You're right, there are only a few cities in new added countries with streetview so an entry locates it to the nearest city. I have added all cities in Denmark that weren't there from the beginning (Copenhagen and Aarhus).

It was a huge work to add them.

I suggested that uploaders could have the opportunity to add cities so that we mods doesn't have to add them.

Hopefully Mickey can see it too.

I now start to see more submissions from Norway with wrong location. I actually thought that location was derived from streetview itself. Nothing on the site and submission form indicate that it's a local GEH tagging.
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen

Super Moderator

No norwegian city was installed so I have added Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger and Kristiansand. Also Helsinki and Tampere in Finland have been added.

If there are other please let me/us know.
    Last edited by sladys; 02-09-2010 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sladys View Post
    No norwegian city was installed so I have added Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger and Kristiansand. Also Helsinki and Tampere in Finland have been added.
    The files still show Denmark and Sweden locations. Should it not be one of the Norwegian cities you added? Is it not changed automatically?

edit:

I just tried an edit and can see that it's handled manually...
    This "all cities and places in the world" database must be a very big piece of work to keep updated for moderators...
    Last edited by T.Dooley; 02-12-2010 at 04:46 AM. Reason: found solution/reason

Super Moderator

I was actually waiting for the links from you like ge files and if necessary also nearest city to east and west entrance.

You mean the links to the files Lærdals tunnel - West entrance and Lærdals tunnel - East entrance ?

In what format do you prefer 'nearest city', as a name, coordinate, file or...?

Super Moderator

Allways name of nearest city, not village. Like here Aurland and Lærdal.

File corrected.

BTW. I didn't notice you allready posted the links to the files in your first post. This new design of the forum nearly wheeps out colors so all looks the same. Sorry.

sladys

I am deeply impressed, thank you for the current update.

I have to express my thanks and admiration for the enormous work you have contributed, not only with more than 4000 streetview files that you personally have found, selected and created, but apparently also thousands of city locations.

You are simply Mr. Street View!

I look forward to and hope you keep on posting streetview files on a steady flow of great shots around the world.

Best regards, Tom