Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mars Door with Lights inside discussion

Default Mars Door with Lights inside discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Mars Door with Lights inside

This is a very large SQUARE door that I found on mars with a very large light inside the black of the door, and two smaller lights on the inside and outside of the door. I have found many many more strange objects on mars and will upload them in a later post.

There's no door and no light. It's just a very basic roughly sensor pixel-sized glitch in the data made a little worse by some compression it looks like. For a light to be that visible at that level of brightness to an orbiting spacecraft during daylight, it would have to be amazingly intense to start with. The compression darkness around the spot, if it were an actual physical object, would be nearly 550 feet wide. That would hardly be a secret.

Well I never said anything about it being secret. And it looks too large to be a single pixel glitch. Also there are other strange "glitches" in the surrounding area.

My reference to 'secret' was more of a point that it's not been reported anywhere in the media. If there was a 500 foot door so clearly visible with such a high-intensity light in it, it would've been reported.

Google Earth allows for zooming in greater than the original resolution. Thus my reference to "sensor pixel-sized glitch" and pointing out that image compression created by the white spot is responsible for the dark patch. There's no door there, only an image fault.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Edwitdahead View Post
    This is a very large SQUARE door that I found on mars with a very large light inside the black of the door, and two smaller lights on the inside and outside of the door.
    You found a bright pixel and suddenly it's a door huh? Show me any evidence at all that it is a door. It's a bright pixel, it could be anything. It could be a hot pixel. It might be a reflection from a large rock that is just peeking into the sun light. The only thing bright enough to show up like that on the sunlit side of a planet is the sun itself.

As to anything around the bright pixel, that data is lost in the JPEG artifacts that surround the pixel. If you think you can tease something out of heavily processed and compressed imagery you are sadly mistaken.
    Last edited by Munden; 03-02-2010 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Fixed the original poster name

Quote Originally Posted by dfielder View Post
    It's a bright pixel, it could be anything.
    So you admit that it could be a door
    Matt Fox

You guys are all crazy. It's a window, not door. Doors are almost always rectangular, taller than they are wide. This is definitely square so it's much more likely to be a window.

Where's T.Dooley and avrilismymom? Early last year they were describing their voyages to Mars - http://www.gearthhacks.com/forums/sh...ort-discussion

OK It may not be a door. but it sure looks like something. and I thought it was interesting.

Anyway. If they ever approve it, check out the explosion or some kind of eruption of dust that I also found on mars, And this one is NOT a pixel error. It is "something" and can be easily see from a distance. In the same file you will find a line of four lights that are very odd to their surroundings. I'm just posting what I find, If someone knows what this stuff is, by all means let me know.

OK It may not be a door. but it sure looks like something. and I thought it was interesting.
    a hole in the famous Mars bull's tooth?

The Mighty Mars bull, including the presumed mars door which may be a hole in the bull's teeth.kmz
    Last edited by T.Dooley; 03-03-2010 at 05:58 AM. Reason: trying to add the kmz file without success, put in a link instead
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen

Quote Originally Posted by Forkboy2 View Post
    So you admit that it could be a door
    It COULD be a frickin' leprechaun with a mirror. That doesn't mean it's LIKELY to be a frickin' leprechaun with a mirror.

I absolutely love it when someone zooms in on an image to the sub-pixel level and then makes ridiculous statements about what is in the image. It's square (or rectangle) because it's a PIXEL people! Every image ever taken has leprechauns with mirrors at the sub pixel level.

Of course most of these kinds of things come from 15 year old kids with too much time on their hands so I don't think I'm doing much good arguing with them and pointing out flaws in their logic.

So post it as something interesting. Don't post it with some ridiculous title about a door. You aren't qualified to analyze imagery and don't even have access to the unprocessed image. Spending your time pouring over the images looking for something cool is admirable, fantasizing about what you see and picking something like a door is laughable. Think about it (no really) is it more likely to be a door into a bright area or something protruding from the darkness into sunlight? There are innumerable examples of the latter and few examples of the former.

There are many shots with these abnormalties. Here is one tasken from the Spirit Rover on mars looking across Columbia crater, Look on the left side of the photo and you will see a light section. What could reflect that???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elfish for my true name
    Findecáno Táralóm

My mind works better in sentences with spaces and long paragraphs loose me sometimes cause I need to picture what is going on at the same time I am reading.

Super Moderator

So post it as something interesting. Don't post it with some ridiculous title about a door. You aren't qualified to analyze imagery and don't even have access to the unprocessed image. Spending your time pouring over the images looking for something cool is admirable, fantasizing about what you see and picking something like a door is laughable. Think about it (no really) is it more likely to be a door into a bright area or something protruding from the darkness into sunlight? There are innumerable examples of the latter and few examples of the former.
    First of all. it's a free forum and every member has the right to post and and add files as long as they aren't inappropriate.

And because the uploader couldn't explain what he found he used his imagination. Humor is a great thing for that.

If you don't like that please find another forum where you can give your rude statements.

Quote Originally Posted by sladys View Post
    First of all. it's a free forum and every member has the right to post and and add files as long as they aren't inappropriate.

And because the uploader couldn't explain what he found he used his imagination. Humor is a great thing for that.

If you don't like that please find another forum where you can give your rude statements.
    And I have the right to laugh at you. If you don't like it look for a forum where one doesn't have such rights. I found humor in the original post. But it probably wasn't the humor you are thinking of. I also find humor in your internally inconsistent post.

Trying to raise the bar on what gets posted in this forum is good for everyone. And I have the right to post comments to that end.

If you don't like it look for a forum where one doesn't have such rights.
    You have four posts and Sladys has 2500+ posts. You must respect your elders.

And it's a window; I'm telling you, it's a window.