Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CNN Interview

Well done Mickey!
    I shall try to catch it over here in the UK...

Quote Originally Posted by araT
    Congrats Mickey I cant wait to see it!

Maybe I should do a nudie run down Bondi Beach with googleearthhacks.com written all over me.. that should surely bring more aussies

T.
    Hell, it'd probably bring more Americans as well

It sounds like the story on CNN has been held up. I guess one of their other interviews wasn't strong enough so they'll either re-shoot it or just shelve the whole thing.

I'm quite disappointed - that was a big chunk of time I invested in that!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    It sounds like the story on CNN has been held up. I guess one of their other interviews wasn't strong enough so they'll either re-shoot it or just shelve the whole thing.

aww man... was looking forward to that

That sucks Mick

**** those paparazzi bastards...
    *Tara Shakes Fist

T.

Quote Originally Posted by araT
    I'm going to have to start up GoogleEarthAnonymous
    Sign me up

I was looking forward to this. Keep us updated on when its going to air.

Oh, and I'll be needing to sign up for GoogleEarthAnonymous.

While we're at it, where do we sign up for GoogleEarthHacksAnonymous? I'm in Las Vegas and I'm in my room on a laptop surfing GEH instead of playing blackjack. What's wrong with this picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Appletom
    While we're at it, where do we sign up for GoogleEarthHacksAnonymous? I'm in Las Vegas and I'm in my room on a laptop surfing GEH instead of playing blackjack. What's wrong with this picture?
    LOL! Looks like you have an addiction!!

Default Cool!!

I hope it come around and they show it. Way to go!!!!

Thumbs up Not an interview, but

I was interviewed by CNN this afternoon about Google Earth and Google Earth Hacks. The bulk of the interview was dealing with security (like this) and whether Google Earth was giving out too much info to terrorists and such.

We also went through a number of files on the site (weather overlays, wi-fi hotspots, other overlays, network links, GEwar, etc) to show some things you can do with GE that most people don't know about.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but didn't figure it would last more than about 30 minutes or so. Instead, it took about 2-1/2 hours! Lots of lights and stuff to get set-up...

They are interviewing others for the piece, so I have no idea how much I'll be in there. The spot should air tomorrow evening (Wed, Aug. 24) on CNN at either 8:00 or 10:00 pm EST. I think it'll be available on their site as a streaming file as well. I'll post more details as they become available.
    I saw the CNN coverage of the tragic events in New Orleans last night. And although there was no interview with you, Mickey, than they used GE for showing locations in New Orleans and it seemed to me that their prersentation was based on using some of the files from GEH. Off course I cant say for sure, but..

In some way I find this even better and a finer acknowledgment of your work although an interview with you would have been great. But perhaps the events will make it natural to broadcast the interview - who knows

Hey - now is the time to email your CNN contact and show them the Katrina areas of GEH. Maybe they will rethink the interview and air it or even interview you again.

Default hey

bravo mickey bravo you've made the site big just within a few months.
    Check out the all new hYpe Entertainment to see some of my cool music remixes. Just go to hYpe Entertainment

Great idea Appletom!

Unfortunately CNN beat us to it.. they got the overlays from http://earth.google.com/katrina.html Theyve been using it the last 2 or so days, Ive seen it a few times by now

But its still a good idea to run it by your contact!

T.

Yeah, but thats in Australia. In Europe, you see, things are quite different ....

But anyway, we would prefer to see the interview, now when the issues can be directly linked with actual news coverage. So go for it Mickey