Thread: How the heck do I post kmz links??

Unhappy How the heck do I post kmz links??

I've been looking around everywhere and seriously, I can't find. How to?

Save the placemark in My Places, then right-click on it and choose Save As, then save it to a folder where you'll find it later. Start a new message and look down the page in Additional Options. You'll see a button marked Manage Attachments. Click on that and then Browse to where you saved the placemark and select it, then click Upload. When it's finished uploading click on Close This Window and write the text for your message, then you can post it.

That should do it, I'm sure if I've missed som,ething then someone else will point it out.
    I can only make one person happy per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Quote Originally Posted by shrinkingman
    Save the placemark in My Places, then right-click on it and choose Save As, then save it to a folder where you'll find it later. Start a new message and look down the page in Additional Options. You'll see a button marked Manage Attachments. Click on that and then Browse to where you saved the placemark and select it, then click Upload. When it's finished uploading click on Close This Window and write the text for your message, then you can post it.

That should do it, I'm sure if I've missed som,ething then someone else will point it out.
    Ok, I will try this island we go to in the summer for a test.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yep, that seems to have worked. Like a lot of things in life, it's really easy when you know how.
    I can only make one person happy per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

I also like to try....
    I think I get it, but now I have the next question. I made 20 of those placemarks in Belgium. I now want to put them on a dutch forum about the First World War. That forum doesn't have that "Manage Attachements" button. How can I putt them on that forum or do I need to link to this forum and post them here?

Thank you already,
    Chris.

thanks for the info shrinkingman.

Quote Originally Posted by chris9012
    I also like to try....
    I think I get it, but now I have the next question. I made 20 of those placemarks in Belgium. I now want to put them on a dutch forum about the First World War. That forum doesn't have that "Manage Attachements" button. How can I putt them on that forum or do I need to link to this forum and post them here?

Thank you already,
    Chris.

You may need to, if it doesn't allow you to make attachments...
    Hi, I'm Ravenfeather, and I approve of this assumption.

Some phrases should never end in "Sort of", phrases like "I love you" and "You're going to live..."

Just test

Default Help Please Removing Kwl Files

Does anyone know how to remove a kwl file that i downloaded? im sure it s easy but i cant figure it out, ive tried re-installing it and that just doesn't work!
    PLEASE HELP

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

Click on it and hit the delete key....

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

Default Testing posting of KML file

My ride on the weekend for anyone who's interested
    Last edited by nishioji; 08-02-2010 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shrinkingman View Post

testing attachment too !