Thread: Globally edit placemark icons?

Default Globally edit placemark icons?

Greets -

Is there a KML editor out there that'll let us globally change (or remove) a bunch of placement icons all at once? Unfortunately, the usual Search & Replace routine doesn't work on the KML file because even the locations without icons still have a unique name, like "sn_noicon_copy:0_copy69". Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Doc

Not to answer my own question, but I have an update.

The problem is that the 'My Places' entry at the top of the sidebar doesn't have any 'Properties', but the folder icons do, and you can change the icons & font size globally for any location in the folder.

Ding! That's when the light bulb went off. I carefully dragged my 50 tour folders into one master folder and -- you guessed it -- there's your global edit for every location.

As a small side question, I don't suppose there's a plugin for v4.2 of 'Pro' that'll allow it to see the newer 3-D graphics, is there?

Doc

Welcome to GEH Doc.

I believe you are the first person ever to ask a question as your first post, then answer the same question in your second post. I'm impressed. And, for what it's worth, your solution is pretty good, I like it.

Appletom - Thanks for the nice welcome. This site is, admittedly, pretty amazing. I'm slowly going back through time listing 'all new files', adding spots to my collection. I'm presently on page 228 and counting. It'll be another couple of weeks before it's done, but I'm putting together what I believe will be the definitive set of GE tours on the web. Everything in hi-def 720 res, 60 fps, a slow, enjoyable flight between stops, a nice 5 seconds to appreciate each location, all converted to FLV using Flash 8 @ 3,000 kbps for a smooth full-screen video. Should be quite the show.

Back to the present, I have a couple of questions for whoever's running this site. Is that you, or is he around?

Thanks,
    Doc

Looking forward to your definitive set of GE tours.

The site owner is an amazing guy named Mickey - http://www.gearthhacks.com/forums/member.php?3-Mickey