Thread: Our client wants the Earth..

Lightbulb Our client wants the Earth..

Hi to the GE Hacks team

First of all appologies if I have posted in the wrong area. Mods feel free to move this post if necessary.

I work for an agency in Australia and we have a client who would like to use Google Earth in a series of Flash based web banners. The banners will then be AdServed via Media Mind (formerly Eyeblaster). I've not found very much information on embedding the Google Earth API in Flash based web banners and I am curious to know if it has been done or if it can be done. I'm also interested to know how.

We have been asked to make the Earth interactive for example using custom branded markers and panels at certain location with click through buttons that will pass query strings back to the page it is embedded in.. I would be very appreciative of any help or information with regards to this kind of customisation and if it is possibile. Does anyone know of customised Google Earth campaigns. I have seen the adidas campaign and think it's cool though we would need a greater level of interaction and customisation..

Are any members of GE Hacks team interested in working on a freelance bases to help develop this type of campaign if the concept is feasible. I have only outlined the broad strokes of the campaign and have more info if needed..

I don't think what you are trying to do is possible. You might be able to do something with the GE Plugin, but that won't work unless people have the plugin installed, and who would want to download a special plugin to view an advertisement??

http://www.google.com/earth/explore/...ts/plugin.html

Even if you could get it to work, would probably violate Google Earth Terms of Use.

You might try NASA World Wind, it is open source. But even so, I don't see how you could ever get it to work in an advertisement.
    Matt Fox