Thread: Fade/opacity slider: use for single placemark?

Default Fade/opacity slider: use for single placemark?

I have placemarks in a folder. If I select one, the 'fade slider' is not displayed. If I select the entitre folder (or a track somehere else in My Places) then it is displayed. Shouldn't I be able to access it for a single placemark please?

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Hi Terry. I'm not completely sure what the 'fade slider' is? Could you enlight this a bit more.
    Thanks, Tom
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen

Hi Tom,

Maybe it;s called the Opacity Slider? Amyway, this is it:

GE-FadeSlider.jpg

--

The fader exists strictly for overlays, polygons, and paths. Mostly it's for the first two which can cover up terrain that you might want to see through the object.

The reason it appears on folders is so that you can set the opacity of all of the overlays, polygons, and paths in that folder with a single application. That's much faster than having to do individual updates.

Personally, I don't see a need for it to be on placemarks. They just don't cover up the imagery in the same way. Just having them on or off works fine with me.

If not already known:

Opacity for each placemark are ajusted on properties of the placemark, the pane 'Style, Color' where you can set opacity of the icon and the label separately.
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen

Thanks all, understood.

--

That's so weird, Tom. I even double-checked to make sure placemarks didn't have that manual way to set them. I guess I so expected to NOT see them on the style tab, that I simply blocked them out.

I should've remembered past conversations with people who wanted text to appear without any icon, though. Good answer.