Thread: Making a path between two different countries?

Default Making a path between two different countries?

I'm trying to make a path between two different countries. Now, to my knowledge, you need to have the path dialog box open on your screen to make the path, and if you close it the path disappears. This is fine if the points on the path are all in view, but what if I want to fly to another place and put another marker on the path there? It seems like as long as that box is open all you can do is navigate using the tools in the upper right hand corner, and it won't let you fly to a place until you close the path menu screen. Is there a way around this?

You are going to kick yourself when you see how simple it is:

After you've made your path, click the "Save" button in the Path Dialog window.

I can see you, you are slapping your palm against your forehead right now!

(Also make sure "Mouse Navigation" is clicked on, then you can grab/drag the earth, makes it a bunch easier to make paths.)

Ok, but I'm not sure how to edit a path once you have saved it. Are paths final after you've saved them?.

Quote Originally Posted by saltydeath View Post
    Are paths final after you've saved them?.
    You can always go back and edit a saved path/track.

Navigating while having a path open for edit can be a bit tricky because your mouse is used both for adding point to path and to navigate with.

I use the keyboard for navigating and the mouse for making the points when I edit a path. If you start editing a path and then click on the 'hand' navigation wheel, you can now start using the keyboard:

Page Up = Zoom In
    Page Down = Zoom Out

Arrow keys = move south, west, east, north

Hope that helps
    Tom
    Are you uptight, get downloose! Why not try a GE file - Also downloadable at GEC and http://ge.dooley.dk - Tom Kjeldsen