Thread: Is it possible to tilt (bank) a Tour playback?

Default Is it possible to tilt (bank) a Tour playback?

Hello All,

I have created a tour replay of a Microsoft Flight Simulator flight during which I recorded latitude, longitude, altitude above ground, pitch degrees and bank degrees every 3 seconds.

The .kml file using lat, lon, and altitude above ground produces a very nice tour playback from the pilots perspective. It works fine as long as my kml altitudes are in meters (thanks, Appletom, for that hint from one of your earlier posts).

Now, I wonder if there is a way to use the bank and pitch data to bank and pitch the view during the tour, for example as the aircraft turns?

Many thanks,

Bob
    Last edited by rudder; 09-25-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Glad I was able to help. Hopefully Tom will be able to pop in soon and share whether it's possible to bank and pitch the view as the tour plays. I think you can, I've seen his tours "swoop" as they play.

Quote Originally Posted by Appletom View Post
    Hopefully Tom will be able to pop in soon and share whether it's possible to bank and pitch the view as the tour plays. I think you can, I've seen his tours "swoop" as they play.
    I hope Tom can share a few ideas, too. I have seen a tour pitch and roll, but it doesn't appear that the tools you are given in GE desktop are sufficient to accomplish it.

This interests me, so it's time to dig into the GE Tour documentation.

Thanks!

Bob
    Last edited by rudder; 10-06-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rudder View Post
    it's time to dig into the GE Tour documentation.
    I've got it now. I just needed to read the Tour documentation a little more patiently. The kml turns out far easier than I had expected.