0 0%
  • I do not trust this

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Google Earth Flight Simulator Mod Tool

Junior Member THAT1ANONYMOUSDUDE's Avatar

Exclamation Google Earth Flight Simulator Mod Tool

[First post]
    So I finished this application that lets people easily mod google earth's flight sim and lets you pass the 1200 knot mark, you can travel at a max of around 300+ miles per second or 100000+ knots (a serious understatement!) and still remain in control of the aircraft, I wanted to post this in google earth apps but it seems as I can't, if allowed, I'll post it here but I would assume some one would need to revise it and check out its legitimacy, I call the app "Google Earth Hacker".

It's not perfect but I made some presets so you can just click a few buttons and use the mod right away, I'll post the link to the app if allowed.

[/first post]
    File is now available and added support for windows 7 as I found out it was not working on that platform and edited the super plane mode because it was too easy to crash google earth. This will only modify the configuration for the F-16 aircraft up to the point where you can travel around the earth in around 30 seconds.

Also, I have no idea if this works on x64, I do not own any x64 machines so I would not know.

Warning: You can crash Google Earth Easily using this app if you lose control. If you crash Google Earth, just hit [ALT] + [CTRL] + [DEL] and bring up "taskmanager" and close Google Earth manually.

If any one has any problems, please advise.

Features include~

• A speed and stability Pre-configuration;
    • Keyboard sensitivity modification;
    • Airport Location modifications;
    • Earth atmosphere mod (I.E., go into space);
    • Hud mod.

In depth~

App summery
    This app does not modify the "google earth.exe" file in any way, what the application does is change variable settings in various ini like files in "%ProgramFiles%\Google\Google Earth\client\res\flightsim".*Long Story short, this just lets you travel fast to insanely fast, travel into space without wiggling out of control, edit how sensitive keyboard keys are and switch between 2 different huds being the OEM original and a custom one.*
    Targeted Version of Google Earth: 6.1.0.xxxx, but I have noticed over the years and different versions that Google Earth's Flight Simulator configuration files typically never change, but I suspect this app might fail if you have a different version because of the way I have my application change the setting in the files, another reason that it might not work is if you are using an x64 bit system, otherwise I have no idea, it would help if some one would submit information to help me make this universal.

Here is a list of variables that are modified that are more involved with how the aircraft moves around in its virtual environment when a user hits a certain key.

Power Plant) The thrust power of the aircraft.

J) This is a variable setting that I found has to do with the aircraft stability at high speeds, I don't understand it much but some of the presets I made seem to work a little.

B) This setting also seems to be related to aircraft stability, the lower it is, the faster you can go, it seems to be related to air density.

C_bar) Just like "B" it seems to be related to air density, the lower the better.

Yaw) Default is 0.0015, also seems to be related to stability! Set it to "0" if you just want to go really fast.

Planet Tab
    Long story short, the planet tab has a slider that allows you to set how far off into space we can travel, set it to the max so you can travel way out to no where.

Airport Tab
    The airport tab will allow you to add/remove airports to the configuration.

If you just want to be able to travel real fast right away, click hyper plane.

Download

Update: I have added a feature to add airport locations and have severely updated many things and fixed a few bugs, I recommend getting this latest version if you already have downloaded the app, I've also done a few things that will make flying in hyper speed quite enjoyable.
    One notable thing will be during acceleration! The plane will seem to buck then using the number pad 9 key when [num lock] is on to accelerate.

Download - Google Earth Hacker

Source AutoIt Scripts for the project are included in the download above.

Here is a video I made for this but the video is outdated.

Edit: So I just found out about "Virustotal" and decided to scan the file there, to my surprise they have a few AV's that were flagging my little app, and this time they're flagging it as Trojan and Spyware, about 3-6 of them depending on the version of my application.

I contacted three of the companies and only one of them responded here, but I just can't submit the file again and again on each version so I've just given up with these AV's that are flagging my app since every version I release, I have to contact them to have them stop flagging the app.
    Last edited by THAT1ANONYMOUSDUDE; 10-18-2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Moved download

Please post it, yes. Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Please post it, yes. Looks great!
    I'll post it, and I'd like to mention that the source is also available, it's written in the AutoIt language so you know it's an AutoIt compiled script, this means anyone with a little knowledge in the language can decompile it to verify its legitimacy and make sure it doesn't do anything funny so yeah, I've made it open source stuff for now.

One problem though, I can't seem to log in to my original account, something happened that the password I used won't work :/

Edit: Wow, this account can be deleted, my mistake.. I used caps lock when making the password and forgot :P
    Last edited by System238; 10-17-2011 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by System238 View Post
    One problem though, I can't seem to log in to my original account, something happened that the password I used won't work :/

Edit: Wow, this account can be deleted, my mistake.. I used caps lock when making the password and forgot :P
    You were so anonymous, even YOU couldn't remember who you were!

For those that actually like to read and data mine, this application is a compiled AutoIt Script, which means it can easily be verified that this is not a malicious application by some one who knows a little about the scripting language.

The AutoIt Script compiler makes use of a tool that will make it harder to read the source after it has been compiled by obfuscating the source code when compiling the script, allowing for a little security through obscurity if someone decides to decompile the script resource inside the executable, however, I did not obfuscate the source when compiling the program so as to make it easy for someone to verify its legitimacy.

As this is a compiled script that is interpreted by a compiled C++ application, there comes a problem where false positives may arise due to those who are malicious and write malicious scripts, sometimes an antivirus company may come across a malicious script an grab a signature from the interpreter and not the actual script that is giving the interpreter the instructions for the malicious actions, causing a global flagging of all compiled scripts. Click here for more information.
    Last edited by THAT1ANONYMOUSDUDE; 01-16-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Munden View Post
    You were so anonymous, even YOU couldn't remember who you were!
    lol, seems like it!

Anyway, I've updated the binary and removed some dumb security stuff I added that would make an autoit veteran think this is a malicious script/app, the file is a little bigger because I did not utilize compression and did not obfuscate the script any more so it is now easier to decompile and evaluate the code if any one is concerned about security risks.

Also, I've noticed the tool has received some fair attention and is close to the 100th download (from my server at least), maybe I'll continue developing the script further as soon as I get some other stuff out of the way.

Edit: well, the little project is not dead and it's at its 290th download now, after seeing that and the amount of views on the video I decided to update the application, fixed some presets and gui layout design and added a splash screen that can be disabled and a soft background sound that can also be disabled, it also now has an update feature that is disabled by default, when and if a user decides to check for an update in the options menu, the script will attempt to retrieve an ini file from paste bin that will point to another ini file on my server and retrieve version information and a url to the latest version.

If there is a higher version, the application will alert the user that there is of course a new version and ask them if they want to get it, if they decide to update, it will make a copy of itself and run it with a command line parameter telling the app to update. The copy will then download the latest version and replace the app with the new version, for the next release I plan to add a feature that will allow to download a list of airport locations and add them to the config to give you a few more landing strip options, well see how this works out.
    Last edited by THAT1ANONYMOUSDUDE; 01-26-2012 at 04:34 PM.