Thread: Global Infrared Satellite Images discussion

Default Global Infrared Satellite Images discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Global Infrared Satellite Images

A collection of color enhanced infrared satellite images, updated at regular intervals (3 hrs I think). Great tool for observing the hurricanes and typhoons. Note that the alignment in the outer edges of the images is suboptimal.

How do you put these satelite images over the google earth?

tenn9fan

Hi tenn9fan,

I'm not sure wether you want to know how to create these so called overlays or how you enable them to be seen. In either case the best place to get an answer is Google Earth Help. The answer for your specific question can most likely be found here: Using Image Overlays

Good luck,

Stadsman

Quote Originally Posted by tenn9fan
    How do you put these satelite images over the google earth?
    I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking how to load THESE satellite images onto your Earth? Just download and run the file, and they'll appear in the "My Places" area, where you can turn them on or off.

If you're asking how to create a file like this, it's done using an "image overlay". Find a good satellite image online, link to it as an image overlay, line it up as perfectly as you can, and save it. It takes some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking how to load THESE satellite images onto your Earth? Just download and run the file, and they'll appear in the "My Places" area, where you can turn them on or off.

If you're asking how to create a file like this, it's done using an "image overlay". Find a good satellite image online, link to it as an image overlay, line it up as perfectly as you can, and save it. It takes some time.
    The second one.

thanks for the info.

Thumbs up

I LOVE this overlay. It's perfect for seeing what tropical gifts Africa is sending to us this time of year!

Cape Verde