Thread: Time Slider (again!)

Default Time Slider (again!)

I'm still unclear how the Time Slider (TS) is supposed to work.

I imported a GPX file representing a recent walk/hike and played its animation in the TS, starting with both markers at the left of the slider. The track duly forms behind the moving icon as the walk progresses. Fine. But when the front marker gets to the end, instead of the animation stopping it continues with the back marker setting off, removing the track as it does so.

Does anyone know what exactly is going on here please? I cannot find any way to change the settings to stop this behaviour.

I've attached the KML and the GPX (zipped, as this forum doesn't allow that format).

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Trailing slider

Hi Terry,
    Did you ever get an answer to your question? I'm fiddling with the gxTrack for the first time and running into the same trouble you were having with the trailing slider. I don't know how to change its behavior manually or programatically. Can someone explain what that slider does and how to control it?
    Cheers,
    Ashley

Hi Ashley,

Sorry, no, I just continued to stumble through by trial/error.

It seems to be a particularly poorly documented feature. Badly needsa really thorough explanation, with practical examples of how to change appearance, times, etc.

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK