Thread: Google Earth KML files of famous explorations such as Marco Polo and Lewis & Clark.

Default Google Earth KML files of famous explorations such as Marco Polo and Lewis & Clark.

MyReadingMapped has over 65 interactive Google Maps of the following that have Google Earth KML files already for you to use. Each map has as many as 200 locations in a single map. I refer you to my blog for two reasons: 1) in some cases the Google Map is better to use than its Google Earth KML file, 2) because I am constantly upgrading and improving the maps when I find something new, and in order for you to access the most recent version of the map, I need to be able to edit and update the list of KML files in my Google Docs account. If you check back every once and a while, you will always have the latest version of the map.

In many cases, what I have done is taken a list of Wikipedia provided coordinates that you had to tediously look up one-by-one, and I combined them into maps that make it easier for you to find them all in a single map. And, I sorted them based on specific areas of interest in separate maps.

I provided some samples below:

None of the links work.