Thread: Two Unidentified Flying Objects in Mandal, Norway. Weird.

Question Two Unidentified Flying Objects in Mandal, Norway. Weird.

I was just cruising Google Earth, looking at the city in which I was born, when I came across this strangeness; a couple of white fireball looking objects flying above a residential area, apparently moving north.

See attached kmz file*

Navigation ( 58░ 2'4.01"N - 7░25'21.38"E )
    *Picture from 2/27/2009, Not visible in Google Maps

Personally I doubt it is alien, but the objects are unidentified and seemingly flying. I was hoping someone could explain. Is it a common glitch? A reflection of something mid air? I am clueless and curious.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator

They are glares. The sunlight hits metallic items, windows etc. and yoy see them.

Welcome to GEH.

Yeah, probably just reflecting a low-horizon winter sun. Looks weird though.

The fact that the phenomenon appear twice in the same instant, an in such a close proximity, caught my attention. They are quite big too, about the size of a house. And the angle of the two relating surfaces are different, one are on a hillside descending north, the other one reflecting off a roof leaning towards the south. But that could be altered by independent objects like a car and and a chimney, of course. Most likely. Either that, or extraterrestrials are watching us from above... and murdering cows.