Thread: Atomic Bomb factory at Bornholm in WW2... Any information please?

Default Atomic Bomb factory at Bornholm in WW2... Any information please?

French scientist Professor Paul Rivet (edited correction) escaped from Bornholm in 1945 with the collapse of Nazi Germany. The German garrison on Bornholm was desperate to surrender to the western Allies and not the Russians. Rivet appealed through contacts in England for the British to accept Bornholm's surrender but the British refused and allowed a hostile occupation of Danish soil by the Soviets.

On 15th October 1945, Rivet made the astonishing claim in public that Germany had nuclear weapons since June 1944, but the Nazis lacked delivery systems. Bornholm apparently had a factory for adapting V-1 and V-2 rockets to use nuclear weapons.

Please can anyone furnish further information about this?

Regards
    Simon Gunson
    New Zealand
    Last edited by tazjet; 04-15-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: correcting name Laval to Rivet

Default Nazi Uranium mining at Bornholm

CORRECTION

My apologies, I said Prof. Laval... I should have said Prof Paul Rivet.

He appears to have been arrested in France in 1942 as an outspoken anti fascist and presumably worked as a forced labourer in the German uranium mine beneath Hammerhaus Castle.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=787,20395525

Cited: Toronto Daily Star - Oct 15, 1945, page 26
    also cited: New York Times, Oct 15, 1945, page 4

There are however also references to a factory for fabrication of Atomic Bombs and adapting them as warheads to the V-1, V-2 and other pilotless missiles at Bornholm.

An American OSS report from Zurich in November 1944 cites a forced labourer at the Flottemann factory in Breslau (now Wroclaw, Poland) where the V-2 and V-1 rockets were modified for nerve gas warheads and atomic weapons warheads.

Super Moderator

I have heard this "duck tale" before.

There has never been such a nuke weapon factory on Bornholm. It would simply be impossible to hide one there.

It's true Bornholm has a higher radiation than the rest of Denmark. That's because of the granite.

The same is in other countries with a lot of granite.

Except that a member of the British T-force the English equivalent of ALSOS visited the island on 5 May 1945 two days before the soviet attack began. T-force would not have an interest in Bornholm without good reason and discounting it as a "Duck's Tale" does not explain the emphatic claims of Professor Paul Rivet. T-Force was primarily directed to track down targets of German hi tech weaponry and nuclear projects

Just because the island is tiny does not mean there could not have been some sort of mines sealed there before the Soviets arrived.

There is corroboration for Rivet's claims in the affidavit of a Penemunde spotter pilot named Hans Zinsser interviewed by American Intelligence after WW2. His statement is contained in a US report on German use of the Atomic Bomb which also claims Germany had the Atomic Bomb. Part of the report still remains classified.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by tazjet; 04-16-2012 at 05:45 AM. Reason: adding a sentence

Super Moderator

It was 1945. Scrared after the war. And someone who wanted to be interesting.

Again, There was nothing in it.

End of discussion.

Default Bornholm is quiet

I contacted Bornholm for their reaction to the claim that the Germans conducted atomic research there. They never responded. Since I happen to have an excellent record concerning responses from organizations in the U.S. and throughout the world, including the USGS, the FBI, and the CIA, I am very disappointed that Bornholm chose not to respond to my inquiry with "It never happened. Good bye."