Thread: Anomalies Found in the Egyptian Desert

Default Anomalies Found in the Egyptian Desert

Hi everyone, I’m MsDaisy and I found this forum while trying to find information on some unusual formations I discovered in the desert in Egypt. I’ve always been fascinated with Ancient Egypt and dreamed (even as a child) of becoming a (yea right) famous archaeologist. But what I have become since I started playing with Google Earth is more of an Armchair Archaeologist.

There are many unusual things I’ve run across, some I’ve been able to explain, and some I haven’t. My most recent curiosity is a series of triangular shaped formations in the desert southeast of the Medium Pyramid on the eastern side of the Nile.

The first one I found is located here:

Marker 1.kmz

At first I thought it was just an unusual land formation, and it very well could be. But in adjusting and rotating the view it just gets more interesting.

From the top view on GE it appears as a triangle with a half moon shape at the top, and appears to have two smaller triangles in the center with a divot of some sort in the center of that.

A bit farther to the southeast I discovered an even stranger looking triangle, here:

Marker 2.kmz

This one has three divots that form a perfect triangle on the top. Here is a photo of this one.

Triangle 11.jpg

I have more, but will post this bit first and see if I'm doing this right. (Being a new poster and all)
    Last edited by MsDaisy; 10-06-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Default Anomalies Found in the Egyptian Desert

Okay, first post posted fine so I'll continue.

The third and forth shapes of similar configuration I found were a bit north of the first two. (All 4 are within about a 10 mile radius) and are located here:

29░19'10.58"N 31░20'37.52"E

What I found very interesting is that the smaller of these two also has divots, but in this case they appear to be more like mounds like the second one I posted in the last post, but only two points are visible.

Attachment 7463

One other anomaly to the southwest of this spot caught my eye as well and is located here:

Attachment 7465

So.. is it just me, or does this look interesting to anyone else? Does anyone else have any idea what these could be?

Thanks
    MsDaisy
    Last edited by MsDaisy; 10-06-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Default anomalies in desert

That whole area is an oil field. There are scars all over from equipment and a partly exposed pipeline runs north to south just west of there.