Thread: Place marker Visibility to other users

Smile Place marker Visibility to other users

I suspect this is a easy question to answer however I havent found an answer using the search function and the 'how to use google earth' sticky links dont seem to work.

When you make a place marker can the public see it automatically? if so how do you make it private?
    if they can't see it, how do you make it so that anyone can see it on google earth?

thanks for your time

By default, no one can see your placemarks except for you. To share them, you can save the location as a KML file and then email it to them (or post it on your website, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    By default, no one can see your placemarks except for you. To share them, you can save the location as a KML file and then email it to them (or post it on your website, etc).

Thanks Mickey, much appreciated. I was a little concerned that people were having to deal with my multitudes of place markers.

Is it easy to save multiple place markers into one KML file?

There are some places markers on google earth from small groups that anyone can see when using google earth e.g. whale tracking place markers or paths off hawaii, how do they get their markers onto google earth so that anyone who looks at the map can see them automatically without having to download a KML file?