Thread: 747 arriving Heathrow, London, UK discussion

Default 747 arriving Heathrow, London, UK discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

747 arriving Heathrow, London, UK

Aircraft arriving at Heathrow (London), over Windsor.

Nice try, but do better next time with your fakes, no windows, contrails are terrible, no markings, etc, etc ya gotta be jokin'
    Last edited by langers8; 08-25-2005 at 03:12 PM. Reason: obviously fake

Why do you think its a fake? the shadow you see is the planes shadow.. all the planes seen flying around GE have that.. and if you are reffering to the fact that the plane is nolonger there (if infact it is nolonger there) It's because there was a database update a week ago...

I'd like to say welcome to google earth hacks, but you were unnessesarily rude & presumptuos..

T.
    Last edited by araT; 08-25-2005 at 03:13 PM.

Hey, Mushroom... see above for reasons it's a fake. Not rude or presumptious, just observant. The shadow is too close to the ground for 14.5 miles from the airport.
    Last edited by langers8; 08-25-2005 at 03:19 PM.

Way to edit your post after I posted & make me look like a total fool / bitch

now I get what you mean.. though I still dont understand why anyone at Google would bother faking a 747.. there are enough real ones flying around at any given moment getting in the way of a perfectly good arial photo.. they are as bad as those tourists that walk in-front of your camera just as you press the shutter button!

T.

The aircraft is also flying a strange course if it is about to touch down at LHR?

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

My comments:
    Most civilian aircrafts have no markings visible from above, but even if there were markings, the brightness outshines them as the cockpit window.
    The 'shadow on the ground' is no shadow on the ground, it's kinda mirror picture. You can find it pretty often, look for other aircrafts.
    Contrails only exist in high altitudes (> 10,000m). If this aircraft is about to land in Heathrow it must do a kamikaze-like landing. It's just flying enroute Heathrow, probably along air-route "G1" towards Biggin.