Thread: Can you see an airframe underwater?

Default Can you see an airframe underwater?

Does anyone see an airframe at W 172║ 09' 27" S 4║ 29' 55" ? In the lagoon at Orona; underwater of course. Tom

Default 100 views? no opinions?

One hundred + GE hacks have viewed the thread "Can you see an airframe at....", but has anyone looked with the GE location? Are there any opinions out there? Tom

Most views are from bots so take the view count with a grain of salt.

Using the coordinates you gave, I see this:
    coords.jpg

Unless I'm extremely color blind, no, I do not see anything.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Default Airframe under water

Spider XX22 you are at the correct location. Try eye altitude of 250-100 feet. It's not discernible at 1650 altitude. Tom

Default Airframe under water

This is the opportunity for GE Hacks to really show their stuff. Surely the expertise to examine, measure and analyze GE images is a merit badge almost all GE Hacks have. Are GE Hacks stumped or are GE Hacks afraid to step out and say what their opinion is. Spider X22 says he can't see it. I Can't see it either at an eye altitude of 1600 feet. You must move down to an eye altitude of 250' to 100' to really get good measurements. The GE application can be troublesome by wanting to put you in Street View when passing through 250". But after a couple of tries, the application takes your command and Street View is avoided. I have attached a screen capture of the GE image at 100". Yes, I think it is Amelia Earhart's plane. Amelia'splanenosetotail.jpgTom

Default Airframe underwater

Attached is the GE screen copy from an eye altitude of 75'. The radius of the aircraft wingtip is readily measured with the GE ruler to find a value of 24"using the arc defined by the light blue illumination reflection of the wingtip . This matches the value for Amelia Earhart's L10E. The illumination reflection is created by the mid-morning light streaming down and bouncing off the white coral sand below the airframe wing. The bounced light strikes the still shiny underside of the aluminum wing where it is reflected back down upon the sand and then upward to the GE camera eye. The blue color is created by additional travel of the light through the water. Red's and greens are absorbed first, leaving only the blue. Measuring the distance from wingtip aircraft centerline is started where the blue illumination reflection transitions to the grey green of the actual wingtip. Final result, after dividing the GE measurement by the refractive index of water 1.33 is 27.5' and is the same as a L10E aircraft.L10E@75'.png Tom

Default Gonna have to send an email to Google

Gonna have to send an email to Google. Not sure anyone here can really help answer your questions. Sorry.

Default Airframe underwater

Google Earth won't touch this with a 10 ft pole, even though it's their image. People are clearly perplexed; no one has used the GE ruler to repeat my measurements. There are a very few who suggest it "might be an aircraft". You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Tom