Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registration no longer required to download files

Default Registration no longer required to download files

I've put a new system in place that eliminates the need for users to register, while still securing us from leechers. You'll now notice that when you try to download a file it will ask you to enter a 5-digit security code.

It should be pretty straightforward, but please post in this thread if you have any difficulties with it.

Thanks,
    Mickey

Two quick thoughts:

Is it possible to not require the five digit code if you are logged in? That way logged in GEH members wouldn't even know that the five digit requirement exists.

If not, can you force the field to be active? By that, I mean have the curser flashing in the field so that I can just start typing, and not need to mouseclick before my numbers will be accepted.

(boy, isn't it easy to fix things when you don't have a clue as to how they are built?)

Default It's ok

Quote Originally Posted by Appletom
    Two quick thoughts:

Is it possible to not require the five digit code if you are logged in? That way logged in GEH members wouldn't even know that the five digit requirement exists.

If not, can you force the field to be active? By that, I mean have the curser flashing in the field so that I can just start typing, and not need to mouseclick before my numbers will be accepted.

(boy, isn't it easy to fix things when you don't have a clue as to how they are built?)
    Agreed. But Mickey, whatever you decide is ok. You are doing a great job. Thanks a million!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Appletom
    I was thinking about doing that. It's done now.

I just did that too.

Default New system

I'd rather log in once than have to type in the code with every download.
    I usually download 5 or 10 photos at once.

Default Keep getting asked to login!

I discoverd this foum this morning and duly registered and then logged in. But the few actions I've attempted so far have treated me as if I was not logged in. The first was trying to download a file. Even if I then login (again), I still can't get recognised on the file downloading page.

Also, when I came to send this message, by clicking the link at the bottom of the file download dialog, I was told to login. This time it seemed to work - at least I'm hoping this gets Sent OK

I have checked and confirm that my Firefox Cookie settings have Allow against www.googleearthhacks.com, so I'm baffled by the problem.

Here goes, let's see if I'm allowed to Send this...

--
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

Default the Files Extension

I can't open them Photos I download, I don't have any Program that can open the Extension .kmz
    Please help
    Nizarrr

You need Google Earth!
    You search it, I will find it!

Smile

Hi, ################## cheers guys
    Last edited by Captain Hornblower; 07-16-2006 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Illegal request

We DO NOT condone piracy. Please don't ask.
    Last edited by Captain Hornblower; 07-16-2006 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Deleted the quote with illegal request
    Elfish for my true name
    Findecáno Táralóm

My mind works better in sentences with spaces and long paragraphs loose me sometimes cause I need to picture what is going on at the same time I am reading.

Thumbs up

Hi sorry i thought this website did the name is Google Earth hackers i thought this website did sorry every one!

Default I do not see "download" which I go to an image

I am a registered user but when I click on a file from the "download files" page, I see a thumbnail but no link to download the file. The site recognizes me (had my login ID) so cookies are ok. Am I doing something stupid or?
    Thanks
    Jim
    Jim Sanchez - Tucson AZ

If you scroll down on that page, you will find the link to download the file.
    Remember what movie these are from? I bet you don't!
    "You do well in school?"---"Yeah"---"Good, so did I, that's what they call a paradox"

"How's your mother?"---"Oh... I'm afraid she's on her way out."---"We all are. Act accordingly."

You know I went back to the site and there it is! I'm sure it was not there before though. Maybe just a senior moment ;-)
    Thanks
    Jim
    Jim Sanchez - Tucson AZ

Default Problems

CANNOT SEE THE GRAPHIC TO AUTENTICATE DOWNLOAD (five numbers not shown)