Thread: Keyhole feature missing in Google Earth

Default Keyhole feature missing in Google Earth

Hello,
    I'm sure that my evaluation version, or two, of Keyhole worked so that...
    When you pointed the mouse at a place on the main picture and zoomed in, you zoomed towards that point. The same happened when you zoomed out - always from the point on the screen you were "aiming at" with the mouse. With Google Earth, this is missing - you allways go straight up and straight down, regardless of where you are pointing your mouse.
    I think I remember correctly.
    Can other other users confirm this and get the message through to the right people?
    If I'm wrong and confusing the Keyhole navigation with some other program, I strongly suggest that this feature be built in to Google Earth.
    Someone get back to me.
    Cheers,
    Nick M

Smile Aniyo

Sorry, but I zoom in where I'm pointing whether it's in the centre or not. The middle mouse button does what you talk about but not double clicking anywhere on screen.
    Do unto others as you would want them to do to you. How in the hell did this get to google search???

Hmmm,
    My roller mouse brings the view straight up and straight down. The centre of the screen is the zoom centre wherever your mouse is pointing.
    Win2k, Gyration mouse, G-Earth V3.0.0336, OpenGL rendering.
    Maybe there's something in the options I've missed.
    It isn't nearly as good this way...
    Cheers,
    NM
    Last edited by englishman; 08-30-2005 at 11:59 PM. Reason: extra info

Quote Originally Posted by englishman
    Can other other users confirm this and get the message through to the right people?
    Hi Englishman Nick

With to get to the 'right people' I assume you mean the folks at Google/Keyhole. I advise you to go to the official Google Earth Support site as this site is not affiliated with Google Earth.

Stadsman

"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
    -- Steven Wright