Thread: US-Suicide discussion

Default US-Suicide discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

US-Suicide

Suicide Rates for white men and women in the continental US, 1988-1992. Both genders plotted on the same color scale (the rate for women is generally four times less than that for men).

This data comes from Pickle L.W., Mungiole M., Jones G.K., White A.A., Atlas of United States Mortality. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Publication. No. (PHS) 97-1015. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics, 1996. Additional information may be obtained from the home page of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, at: <http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/>.

Default what the..........

that's just sick why would you even make this?
    Check out the all new hYpe Entertainment to see some of my cool music remixes. Just go to hYpe Entertainment

Default Fascinating!

I've heard the all of the mining and pollution in MT and WY leads to high incidences of mental illness. Some pretty isolated towns out there as well.

Regarding the last comment... go ask the CDC why they made the map.

Quote Originally Posted by hypeserver
    that's just sick why would you even make this?
    I suppose that if you can see, geographically, where most suicides occur, you may be able to determine if there are environmental factors that may contribute to high suicide rates and subsequently change them. Just a guess.

It's just a different way of looking at the data. I personally find it interesting.