Thread: Added files not showing up

Question Added files not showing up

Added files not showing up in my files??

Quote Originally Posted by fishbne2
    Added files not showing up in my files??
    It's one of two problems:

1 - You're not logged in when you submit the files. Are they showing up on the site at all? That might be the problem.

2 - They weren't accepted. We've gotten a lot of files today that weren't what they said they were. For example, we'd get three files submitted, all for different places, but the attached file was identical on all three of them.

As of this writing, we have no backlog of files, so it's likely one of those two reasons. What were the files?

Itaip˙ Dam

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    2 - They weren't accepted. We've gotten a lot of files today that weren't what they said they were. For example, we'd get three files submitted, all for different places, but the attached file was identical on all three of them.
    Is there any way of us knowing this?

Quote Originally Posted by fishbne2
    Itaip˙ Dam
    The accent over the 'u' is what did it. Accents don't play nice with our system. Above the "file title" box it says No non-English characters (accents, umlauts, etc). I'm working on fixing it, but it's proving rather tricky.

Is there any way of us knowing this?
    I often send a PM before I delete a file. It's been a busy day, so I didn't take the time to do that. I apologize.

Thanks,
    Mickey

I often send a PM before I delete a file. It's been a busy day, so I didn't take the time to do that. I apologize.
    That's more than expected. I was just wondering if it was stated anywhere in our CP.

Suggestion

In the "My Files" place, we should be able the status of all files we submitted, and the ones that weren┤t accepted should have the Status of "Rejected", so we could more easily track bogus files we sent, to fix'em...

Quote Originally Posted by felipeboralli
    Suggestion

In the "My Files" place, we should be able the status of all files we submitted, and the ones that weren┤t accepted should have the Status of "Rejected", so we could more easily track bogus files we sent, to fix'em...
    Excellent idea. The file system is a script that I downloaded that I have been tweaking a LOT. I'll add that to my list of things to do...

Default hey

hey mickey,
    hey it's me I need help uploading files I don't know how please p.m. me with directions if possible. thanks,Hypeserver
    Check out the all new hYpe Entertainment to see some of my cool music remixes. Just go to hYpe Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by hypeserver
    hey mickey,
    hey it's me I need help uploading files I don't know how please p.m. me with directions if possible. thanks,Hypeserver
    Check out this item in our faq and see if that helps.

Thanks,
    Mickey

Default hey

hey its me again I understand everything just not where tolocate the file to upload. I have located the google folder on my pc just not the places I have saved as placemarks.
    Check out the all new hYpe Entertainment to see some of my cool music remixes. Just go to hYpe Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by hypeserver
    hey its me again I understand everything just not where tolocate the file to upload. I have located the google folder on my pc just not the places I have saved as placemarks.
    When you save the files, browse to a place on the drive that you'll remember later. For example, create a folder on your desktop called "Files for GEH", then save your files there. When it's time to upload them, just browse to that folder and send them in.