Thread: Cool kml file ideas

Hybrid View

Default Cool kml file ideas

I was curious if someone could possibly make a newgrounds kml file so you can download the network so you can veiw whos posting in the forums near your currently veiwed area or the network could also tell you who's veiwing movies or submissions near you email me at mastersim@comcast.net if you think this is a cool idea. !!DO NOT POST HERE BECAUSE I HAVE TO GET OFF THE COMPUTER NOW!!

Default hello

Well I'm back so if anyone actually DECIDES to read this you can post here now.

I don't think you were very clear on what you wanted.

I was curious if someone could possibly make a newgrounds kml file
    What is "newgrounds"?

so you can download the network so you can veiw whos posting in the forums near your currently veiwed area
    How would we know where people are located?

or the network could also tell you who's veiwing movies or submissions near you
    What movies are you referring to?

It sounds like you're excited about this idea - I'm just not sure exactly what you're wanting.

Mickey

sorry...this is bugging me...

it's "view", not "veiw"

Default explanation

sorry about that newgrounds is a flash website found atg www.newgrounds.com Tom Fulp the owner of newgrounds was on Attack Of The Show 2 weeks ago (Attack of the show is a technology show). And to decide the locations I meant the location would be databased from the posters profile. This would kinda work like the flick'r hack works, but I'll soon see if someone makes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    I don't think you were very clear on what you wanted.

What is "newgrounds"?

How would we know where people are located?

What movies are you referring to?

It sounds like you're excited about this idea - I'm just not sure exactly what you're wanting.

Mickey

Default yes

yes, I'm very exicited about this if someone can make it. and I'm refering to the movies, games, and music from the website that users of the website have submitted. Newgrounds is a famous flash video and video game website in the U.S.A. Tom Fulp the owner of Newgrounds is the creator of the video game Alien Hominid which was realesed in the United States and in the U.K.

Ah - now I know what newgrounds is. So I went to the site and it took one look at all the flashing, spinning, glowing, dancing junk. Then I read some of the descriptions and, well, I would be scared to death to click one of those links.

Googling "newgrounds + spyware" confirmed my suspicions. Lots of people claim to have become infected via newgrounds.

Now - since links can be embedded into kmz files, I wonder when the first kmz file that puts spyware on your computer will be released? I'll bet it already has

Default Where are you?

Mickey asked: "How would we know where people are located?"

One answer is by using services like geotargetting
    please drop by: Grasshoppermind

Quote Originally Posted by grasshoppermind
    Mickey asked: "How would we know where people are located?"

One answer is by using services like geotargetting
    That's a cool site. It's correct, too - I'm just outside of Atlanta. However, I think he was wanting it to show the users of that site and where they are when they posted. I guess you could do that with the IP address of the user, but that would require newgrounds to build the script, as they're the only ones with access to the IPs.

Default hey

that is exactly what I mean mickey and thanks for replying.
    Check out the all new hYpe Entertainment to see some of my cool music remixes. Just go to hYpe Entertainment