Thread: GE feature requests

Default GE feature requests

1. A crosshair in the middle of the screen (like MS Encarta) to make zooming easier.

2. "Locking" North. When locked, north pole remains always "on top" (like Encarta, for those who don't like to see the world upside down)

3. Placing the measure tool in the Navigation Bar, and use the default scale defined in options.

4. The possibility to hide the left frame only (layers, search etc.), not the Nav Bar.

I've posted it here instead of Keyhole. Maybe someone have a good wire to GE Masters ; )

Regards
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by martin
    2. "Locking" North. When locked, north pole remains always "on top" (like Encarta, for those who don't like to see the world upside down)
    I love this idea. I'm always having to reset it manually. Great suggestion.

I've posted it here instead of Keyhole. Maybe someone have a good wire to GE Masters
    I would post it there as well. While I know that some Google folks peruse our boards from time to time, more of them are over at Keyhole. Your best bet is to post it in both places.

Mickey

Thanks Mickey,

let's try to collect some more items here, for a greater petition over there...

There's an screen-space overlay that provides a crosshair (or "pip") that has been posted a few times on the BBS/GEC. Be sure to get the one that works with GE as the syntax for SSOs changed between KH and GE.

Locking North - interesting idea, not sure when we'll get to it

measure in the nav bar - many have asked for this... maybe soon

hide-the-side-panel - many have asked... soon.

Quote Originally Posted by martin
    1. A crosshair in the middle of the screen (like MS Encarta) to make zooming easier.

3. Placing the measure tool in the Navigation Bar, and use the default scale defined in options.

4. The possibility to hide the left frame only (layers, search etc.), not the Nav Bar.

I've posted it here instead of Keyhole. Maybe someone have a good wire to GE Masters ; )

Regards
    Martin

I'm curious..are you with Google?
    -Steeefan

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    I love this idea. I'm always having to reset it manually. Great suggestion.

I would post it there as well. While I know that some Google folks peruse our boards from time to time, more of them are over at Keyhole. Your best bet is to post it in both places.

Mickey
    Hi Mickey...

Unfortunately, it's so busy at GE Community that many of us don't get over here very often. Any upgrade suggestions to the program should be posted in one of the appropriate product forums (Google Earth free, Plus, Pro, or EC) or in the Open forum.

And in answer to the other question above... PenguinOpus is indeed with Google.

Now some of the features i adressed are implemented, thanks

New suggestions:
    For the case the side bar is hidden, how about a button in the toolbar to quickly hide and show placemarks of all layers?

Another one:
    There's (yet) enough place in the toolbar to implement the measure tool there, instead of a separate window.

And another one:
    A Back Button (to easly flip back to the last view)