Thread: Football stadiums around the world discussion

Default Football stadiums around the world discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Football stadiums around the world

A list of stadiums, mainly geared towards football - the european version of the game, called "soccer" on the other side of the atlantic -, but also including a few other sports.

Features over 120 stadiums, some of them were copied from the "various stadiums" file on this site (mostly african and italian ones).

Includes :

- All English Premiership clubs' stadiums

- All French Ligue 1

- Most if not all Spanish Primera Liga

- Most if not all Italian Serie A

- All stadiums that hosted a World Cup Final

- many more from Germany, Portugal, Belgium, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Argentina, Brazil ...

Whenever possible and relevant, the tenant club and/or the town is mentioned.

NB : Santiago Bernabeu (Madrid) and Stadio Olimpico (Roma) hosted a world cup final and are home grounds for clubs in the Liga and Serie A, I only listed them in the "World Cup Finals" folder.

ok nice plugin and all....and i hate to sound picky,but where are the Scottish stadia? Hampden Park is one of the most famous grounds in world football, plus no Ibrox or Celtic Park. Also missing are the Ullevi stadium in Gothenburg and the ground of Dynamo Kiev. Plus I'm sure there is a big stadium in Denmark.

Default wow

if that person in the last post is right (which I'm shure they are) you missed some important stadiums, but I don't know so don't ask me.
    Check out the all new hYpe Entertainment to see some of my cool music remixes. Just go to hYpe Entertainment

Glasgow isn't in high res so I didn't have an easy way to find out which stadium was hampden, ibrox or celtic park - now I think of it, I could have used the postcode ... G40 3RE for Celtic Park, G51 2XD for Ibrox, G42 9AY for Hampden.

Anyway I'm quite sure there are important stadiums I did miss (and discussing why a stadium is more important than another could take forever), I just listed the ones I found, and searched a bit further for stadiums in france, england, italy, spain and germany, and for stadiums that hosted a WC final.

But feel free to contribute and tell me which stadiums I missed, and even better tell me where they are located

Default Arena "auf Schalke"

I have found one of the most hightically advanced Stadiums in the World.
    It is the "Arena auf Schalke" in Gelsenkirchen,Germany. You can see the movable lawn in the south-west area of the stadium. When the roof of the stadium is closed, the lawn is outside, so it can get some sunshine.
    Attached Files Attached Files

biggest real football stadium in germany:
    westfalen stadion dortmund
    ~83000 watchers

http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfi...lenstadion.htm

This is the forgotten stadium of Rome... why to forget this olympic stadium?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Talking

hey good images guy...i dont downloaded but how the brazilian stadiums have??(SORRY MY POOR ENGILSH IM BRAZILIAN!!!)