Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: file upload problem

Exclamation Download file size

Quote Originally Posted by wolke
    The Oldenburg picture is 5,8 MB and the Warner picture 2,3 MB big.
    For admins:
    Maybe it would be nice to have data on downloading file size? For example for each file with size over 500K (or any other limit) file size should be displayed.

What if someone with bad connection tries to download it. It's not that everyone has broadband around the world
    Igor Irić
    New Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro

I have also got the same problem, although with an even larger file. I made a file in Google Earth with high resolution image overlays of Egersund, a small town in Norway. The file size is 18 megabytes. I have tested this file on my computer so I know it works.

On my ADSL i have about 600 kbit of upload, and it takes around 4 minutes to complete so I know 18 megabytes of data has been uploaded. But then when I try to download it again from Google Earth Hacks, I just get a small file of a few kilobytes.

Obviously something is wrong with the scripts on this site?

Default Problem uploading large file

I am also having a problem uploading a file that is over 7mb. Can I try sending it to the email address listed above in this thread?

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

Mickey needs to take care of this problem (afaik he is aware of it). The mods can't do anything, sending by email doesn't work neither b/c we can't upload it too.

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

Arrow

Hi Steefan and admins,

my two files were again denied. Still does hope exist successfully to upload my large files or can I forget it?

wolke

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

You should PM Mickey for this topic.

As far as I found out yesterday, the file must be < 2500 kB, but I am not that sure....

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

I agree, Files should be under 2.5MB.. otherwise the file uploader times out..

T.

OK! I tried to upload the overlay Oldenburg with a file size from accurately 2 MB. I hope it go.

wolke

Ok, I'll jump into the approval section now and give it a shot

T.

So this 2.5 mb file size limit cannot be fixed or changed? I created a file with multiple graphical overlays, and I'd like to upload it somehow :-(

NuSapiens; Give it a try! I can't guarentee anything though.. its not a file size limit we have imposed, but rather some trouble with the uploader timing out on some of the uploads.. I'll check it out (and approve it if it works) when you submit it

T.