Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jewel hunting changes

Default Jewel hunting changes

A few minor changes related to jewel hunting:

- First, you can now carry a maximum of 50 jewels. Once you reach 50 you need to convert them to Geos before you can collect more.
    - Second, the "enter the code in the box below" image has been muddled up a bit more to make it harder for people to cheat. It will likely be messed with even more in the very near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    you can now carry a maximum of 50 jewels.

I think maybe 20 is a more appropriate number. 50 jewels sitting there everytime you log on (assuming scripting) is still 112.5 geos - 1500 troops. I for one have never had my jewel count higher than 20 before cashing them in and it just makes it harder for the scripters, or they have to stay online more to keep cashing in.

I definetly think putting a max on the jewel holding count is the way to go, but 50 is still a little high IMO, that's all.

P.S. There's a nice Aussie war going on at the moment, some more cities to fight over would be nice (or we could all share)...

Adelaide - 1,119,900
    Perth - 1,433,217
    Darwin - 109,419 (not very big but geographically well placed in North Australia)
    and Brisbane - 1.77 Million on the east coast above Sydney

All Wikipedia populations
    Not massive cities but a lot of fun for the Aussie war.

The full version of the game will definitely need more Aussie cities as we always get stuff later than anyone else in the world and it would be nice to at least some of our own backyard to play in.

Default jewel collecting

Mickey,
    Great job fixing the jewel collecting "Invalid string" problems, getting over 95% now on picking up jewels. Also the jewel limit was a good idea, slowing down the scripters.
    thanks

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Quote Originally Posted by michael fontenot
    Great job fixing the jewel collecting "Invalid string" problems, getting over 95% now on picking up jewels. Also the jewel limit was a good idea, slowing down the scripters.
    Thanks for the nice comments. I'm glad you like the changes.

Mickey

I think blitz is right, a 20 or 25 jewel limit is probably reasonable.

Personally, I'm not sure I like the Jewel hunting feature at all. I'd rather see it phased out as more and more other more legitimate and realistic ways to make money are added.

That doesn't keep me from mindlessly collecting 50 jewels every morning though. :P

Quote Originally Posted by blitzkriegmj
    I think maybe 20 is a more appropriate number. 50 jewels sitting there everytime you log on (assuming scripting) is still 112.5 geos - 1500 troops. I for one have never had my jewel count higher than 20 before cashing them in and it just makes it harder for the scripters, or they have to stay online more to keep cashing in.

I definetly think putting a max on the jewel holding count is the way to go, but 50 is still a little high IMO, that's all.

P.S. There's a nice Aussie war going on at the moment, some more cities to fight over would be nice (or we could all share)...

Adelaide - 1,119,900
    Perth - 1,433,217
    Darwin - 109,419 (not very big but geographically well placed in North Australia)
    and Brisbane - 1.77 Million on the east coast above Sydney

All Wikipedia populations
    Not massive cities but a lot of fun for the Aussie war.

The full version of the game will definitely need more Aussie cities as we always get stuff later than anyone else in the world and it would be nice to at least some of our own backyard to play in.

I would vte for even a smaller number such as 10 or 20 max. This would still help the newbie while discouraging the scripter (it will happen again).

Lightbulb

I would in addition limit the jewels you can collect per day to a max of 50 for example. More than that is real hell for any player but scripters.

And please limit the daily bank earnings for the new game after reset. Otherwise nobody will be encouraged to occupy any city but just to save Geos in the bank. Something like first 1000 Geos give 5%, next 9000, 2% and the rest 0%. This would bring long-term balance!!!

Senior Member TheMightySquigglies's Avatar

50 jewels takes 10 mins for me. I dont consider myself to be as regular a player as some on this game but I can certainly collect at least 100 jewels a day without problem.

Who Dares Wins - Motto of the best special forces unit in the world, the SAS

Talking

I have an idea... just eliminate jewels and give everyone 100 geos a day. No scripts, no jewels, no problem.
    Chad +1 from War_Peace
    http://www.free-games.com.au/Free_On...iplayer_Games/ -- Bunch of free online games similar to GEWARS

Quote Originally Posted by reklats
    I have an idea... just eliminate jewels and give everyone 100 geos a day. No scripts, no jewels, no problem.
    I like the idea, but that would greatly encourage people to create multiple accounts, which we certainly don't want.

Excellent idea!

Mickey, this is the most important issue right now. Can't you talk with those guys that reklats recommended??

Multiple accounts can be gone for good...

Well, you could also eliminate bank transfers... then multiple accounts would be pointless. though you'd also eliminate a fun feature.
    Chad +1 from War_Peace
    http://www.free-games.com.au/Free_On...iplayer_Games/ -- Bunch of free online games similar to GEWARS

Well, you could also eliminate bank transfers... then multiple accounts would be pointless. though you'd also eliminate a fun feature.
    You can't eliminate the fun of a game to prevent cheating. I mean, some people use multiple accounts to create oil wells and such more often! We should eliminate resources, if that's how we're gonna deal with cheaters.
    New, the Unofficial Site of GEwar. A trashtalk forum for all players. Check it out:
    http://www.gewarriors.com

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Well eliminate jewel hunting would SERIOUSLY reduce the server load, thus eliminating other forms of cheating.
    Chad +1 from War_Peace

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightySquigglies
    50 jewels takes 10 mins for me. I dont consider myself to be as regular a player as some on this game but I can certainly collect at least 100 jewels a day without problem.
    I can also collect them very fast! It is also very easy without a script. But I think 10 minutes a day is enough for this repetitive task, unless you really enjoy it

I would actually limit it to 20 jewels yielding 5 Geos each.

But I would not wholly remove jewels either. First, it is intriguing and looks cool the first time you play. OK, just the first 5 minutes. But the feature is already there and it could be still useful when you need those few extra Geos at a particular moment!

PLEASE comment my idea of limiting the earnings from the bank. This issue is in my opinion as serius or even more than the Jewel hunting stuff (see my post above).
    Last edited by palau; 10-14-2005 at 04:59 PM.