Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jewel hunting changes

Quote Originally Posted by palau
    PLEASE comment my idea of limiting the earnings from the bank. This issue is in my opinion as serius or even more than the Jewel hunting stuff (see my post above).
    It's not a bad idea, but that works counter to the way a bank would operate in the real world. And I think Mickey is trying to go for as much realism as possible.

That being said, I do think that the bank interest should be dialed down some. Or change the way that it compunds. Instead of compounding it every 5 minutes, compound it on a daily basis. Maybe make the rate around 1.5%??

More like .1% if compounded hourly.
    Chad +1 from War_Peace
    http://www.free-games.com.au/Free_On...iplayer_Games/ -- Bunch of free online games similar to GEWARS

Quote Originally Posted by reklats
    More like .1% if compounded hourly.
    True. I was thinking of the daily compounding when I picked 1.5%.

Hourly might be the way to go though.

Active players shall be rewarded but others shall not be forgot either...

I say, mines(and all) give out their resources in a predictable way. For example: A mine that costs 50Geos will give out 100geos in one day and lasts for one day too. You can plant mines every 8 hours. All for rewarding the active players.

To maintain the balance, let's make a decreasing rate of banking interest like the current jewel system.

No transfers between players. This is really a problem!

For multiple accounts, why not remove the "Log Out" button?

Once you're in, there is no way out Would it work? Though, you can always delete cookies...

Quote Originally Posted by War_Peace
    To maintain the balance, let's make a decreasing rate of banking interest like the current jewel system.
    Do you want balance or do you want realism?? Realism would suggest that the more you have in the bank, the more interest you will earn. Most banks offer Money Market accounts that earn varrying levels of interest, based on how much money you have in the account.

$0 - $5000 = 1.75%
    $5001 - $20000 = 2.25%
    $20000+ = 3.5%

Too much "balance" will make the game incredibly boring. I say make it as real as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by War_Peace
    No transfers between players. This is really a problem!
    This would eliminate most of the advantage of being in an alliance. If I am being attacked and none of my alliance members have armies that will reach me beore my enemies will, it is nice to be able to get a little money from them to help defend myself. Unfortuenately, there are those among us who abuse this with the use of multiple accounts.

I do have a suggestion though. We'll use the Money Market account from above. Most money market accounts have a limit on the number of withdrawls you can make from the account in a month. What if we had a limit on the number of withdrawl transactions that could be made in a day/week/month?? That would add a bit more strategery to the use of the bank.

I may have to start t new thread on this to get some feedback.

why not have a bank with a fixed rate of say 1.5, Then have 3 or more actual money markets where the rates fluxuate leading to possible rick of money loss. limit transactions to other players to 1 per hour, transactions in your own bank unlimited and limit the resource conversion to once every hour, that way you have complete access to your own money, Scripters can't change jewels and send money to strange places which it what the hour limit on the bank is about.....you can even change the resource conversion to 2 hours
    Last edited by brodie2219; 10-14-2005 at 05:52 PM. Reason: typo, can = cant

Quote Originally Posted by brodie2219
    why not have a bank with a fixed rate of say 1.5, Then have 3 or more actual money markets where the rates fluxuate leading to possible rick of money loss. limit transactions to other players to 1 per hour, transactions in your own bank unlimited and limit the resource conversion to once every hour, that way you have complete access to your own money, Scripters can't change jewels and send money to strange places which it what the hour limit on the bank is about.....you can even change the resource conversion to 2 hours
    I like the way this thread is going. Like real life we may have a checking or savings which we can, for the most part, have unlimited transactions. However, they dont earn much interest. On the other end we have Money Market accounts or other types of investment vehicles that earn a greater amount of money, but afford you less access. So for this game you could have the ability to use 2 or 3 "bank" accounts. 1 with unlimited access, though it doesnt earn much and has a set Geo maximum. Limit this account to the only account that can transfer money to, or receive from, other players. Create a 2nd account that earns a higher interest level but gives you less access. You can have unlimited funds in this account but there is a minimum deposit and minimum amount of Geos before the account is closed. Maybe with a withdrawal or deposit limit of only every 12 hours. And then a 3rd that has very high interest but really limits transaction ability. Say, once every 48 hours. Same thing with the minimum amount of Geos. It'll be a lot more work to program, but it is certainly more like real world.