Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earn Interest Income at the Bank! Also, some big rate changes.

Default Earn Interest Income at the Bank! Also, some big rate changes.

You can now use the Bank to hold your Geos and earn interest on them!

As part of this, you can deposit Geos into anyone's bank account. In particular, you can send money to your allies to help them out! Obviously, you can only withdraw money from your own account.

The interest rate is currently 3.75% daily, compounded approximately every five minutes. This rate will likely go down, as it is currently controlled manually by me.

Also, the rates on the other resources have changed rather dramatically.

Jewels now trade for 1.5 Geos each instead of 2.25. However, the rates for all other resources have doubled, making them a much more viable source of income. All of these rates will likely be finessed a bit more over the next couple days.

For testing purposes, feel free to try to cheat the bank, but please use small numbers. If you find a security hole and steal a bunch, I will crush your existence. However, if you find a security hole and only do some small transactions to verify it, you will be rewarded nicely.

Awesome!! An easy way to make money for those who hate jewel hunting!!!

As an added note, I might be raising the troop upkeep costs very soon. Compared to everything else, they seem quite low. Agree? Or not?

it wouldn't hurt to raise army upkeep slightly to account for the bank interest and new exchange rates.

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Smile

Excellent. Loving the new add-ons, keep it up!! Dont suppose there's anyway we can stage a bank robbery is there?!!! Being from Northern Ireland I reckon we've got a great track record this year! 27million GEOs perhaps!!!.....kidding.....maybe!

Hurray! Economy is growing...

I keep meaning to gripe about rounding issues, but am always distratcted by one shiny object or another I catch the gleam of out of the corner of my eye. I'm mentioning it this time, though. Ooh... pencils!

No! Focus...

When I went to deposit Geos in the bank, I entered exactly what I said I had (we'll say 50), and it reported that I couldn't deposit more than I had. This should be handled 1 of 4 ways (IMHO):

1) If the number entered > available, use available (enter 999 and all 49.995 will be deposited)

2) Don't round -- store the numbers exactly as they are presented (if you only display 2 decimals, only store 2 decimals after calculation)

3) Don't round -- present the numbers exactly as they are stored (if you store 15 significant digits, display them)

4) Don't round -- truncate (if I have 49.995 Geos, show me that I have 49.99, because I sure as heck don't have 50). This is my preferred choice.

This isn't just with the bank, obviously. It's been here the whole time resources have been available.

A really quick fix would be to have choices of "Deposit All", "Withdraw All", "Convert All", etc. so you don't have to worry about the specific numbers in the first place.

Oh my god! Mickey, look what you have done:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gadget
    i can suggest the following deal:
    make a transfer of 1000 geos to my world bank account. After 5 days i will pay the 1000 geos back + interest of 250 geos.

your guarantee: none, but I'm swiss = extremely reliable

your profit (compared with interests of the world bank): 250 - 187.50 = +62.50 Geos

interested?
    haahhahahahaha ....

Those Swiss guys I wish there was a "smile" that shows "too much laughing turning into crying"

Quote Originally Posted by birq
    4) Don't round -- truncate (if I have 49.995 Geos, show me that I have 49.99, because I sure as heck don't have 50). This is my preferred choice.
    Done.

A really quick fix would be to have choices of "Deposit All", "Withdraw All", "Convert All", etc. so you don't have to worry about the specific numbers in the first place.
    I may end up doing that as well...

Troop upkeep costs raised, although they're still pretty low...

Quote Originally Posted by War_Peace
    Those Swiss guys I wish there was a "smile" that shows "too much laughing turning into crying"
    That is hilarious.

And we certainly need the "laughing so hard I wet my pants" smiley.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Done.
    You rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    I may end up doing that as well...
    You'd rock even more.

Thanks again!

Quick question, do the geos earned as intrest also go into the bank, or do they get put into your wallet of free floating cash?

im just asking, if i leave money in the bank, then forget about it, will the rate of income from the bank increase?

Quote Originally Posted by Thepenguin
    Quick question, do the geos earned as intrest also go into the bank, or do they get put into your wallet of free floating cash?
    Yes, they stay in the bank

im just asking, if i leave money in the bank, then forget about it, will the rate of income from the bank increase?
    Yep

for the cost of upkeep, will it get taken away from the bank if the balence in the "wallet" is too low? or does the upkeep now come directly out of the bank?
    can i inquire how you have the system for upkeep and bank/wallet system relationship

and should i move this to a whole diffrent thread