Thread: Over 100,000 downloads

Default Over 100,000 downloads

The site is just shy of three weeks old, and we already had our 100,000th file download! Hopefully the archive will continue to grow, and perhaps we'll see our one millionth download before too long.

Default awesome

thanks for the news. I have a quick question though why am I ranked as a junior member when I have 22 or 23 posts? shouldn't I be a midaged member? or something like that?

Default Congrats!

100k downloads in 3 weeks! Not bad, huh?

The site is very cool and for sure will continue to grow. Steady on guys! You are doing a great job!

from Argentina,

Chris

Default hey

yeah the site is doing great and with me and others with our many requests the site will keep running for years. O yes by the way I've got an idea I could possibly make a googleearthhacks.com toolbar for mozilla firefox if your interested.
    Last edited by hypeserver; 07-19-2005 at 01:13 AM. Reason: update in post

Quote Originally Posted by hypeserver
    thanks for the news. I have a quick question though why am I ranked as a junior member when I have 22 or 23 posts? shouldn't I be a midaged member? or something like that?
    It's still set on the vB defaults: 0-29 is a "Junior Member", 30-99 is a "Member" and 100+ is a "Senior Member".

100k downloads in 3 weeks! Not bad, huh?
    Not bad at all.

The site is very cool and for sure will continue to grow. Steady on guys! You are doing a great job!
    Thanks!

Default I have another question.......

I have anotehr question. Is it possible for members to become moderators on the site's forums? maybe perhaps after there sienor rank?

Is it possible for members to become moderators on the site's forums? maybe perhaps after there sienor rank?
    Yes, it will be possible. Rank will have little to do with it. Maturity, spelling/grammar skills, GEarth experience and other factors will weigh in more heavily.

Default ok

why spelling skills though? I can onderstand maturity and the other requirements, but why spelling?

why spelling skills though? I can onderstand maturity and the other requirements, but why spelling?
    I'm not talking about someone that never makes mistakes, but if you're going to be a position of authority like that, it's best to appear at least somewhat professional.

Default good point

good point, but one last final question. What do you mean by GE experiance. Do you mean how long I've been using GE or what?
    Check out the all new hYpe Entertainment to see some of my cool music remixes. Just go to hYpe Entertainment

Congrats !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    July 18, 2005 - The site is just shy of three weeks old, and we already had our 100,000th file download! Hopefully the archive will continue to grow, and perhaps we'll see our one millionth download before too long.
    And six days later we are well over 300,000 downloads!

Think about it - three weeks to reach 100,000, then only six more days to triple that. At this rate we should have the millionth download on . . . How about another contest?

Congratulations to Mickey for creating the best GEarth site on the entire internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Appletom
    And six days later we are well over 300,000 downloads!

Think about it - three weeks to reach 100,000, then only six more days to triple that. At this rate we should have the millionth download on . . . How about another contest?

Congratulations to Mickey for creating the best GEarth site on the entire internet!
    Exponencial growth, that is.
    Congrats to all, specially to Mickey

A contest would be good, very good.
    "Surfing on the waves of sound..."