Thread: Armies

Default Armies

Currently, upkeep costs 0.055 Geos (0.03 Geos previosly) for a 100-troop army per day.

Let's try a different approach: "Still Armies" and "Moving Armies"

- Upkeep cost for a 100-troop Still Army per day: 0.01 or 0.02 or (0.03) ?
    - Upkeep cost for a 100-troop Still Army per day: 0.03 or 0.04 or (0.055) ?

The point is, this will be more fair and maintain that previosly mentioned "Advantage for defending armies"

Also, why not take taxes from moving armies? Who gets it? Me, of course... Seriously... Owner of a city should take some payment from moving and even still armies that are at a certain distance to that city... Only one city can take payment from a certain army not 2 or more cities at the same time! The close one takes of course... Oceans or other factors can be solved with brand new "City Fields"« Bigger cities may have a larger "City Field" and so on and so on and so on...

Not bad, I like the idea of moving armies costing more money. Stationary armies still cost money though - food etc, so I think that's fine. But moving an army should cost money proportionate with how far it has to travel (we have a timer for travel so hopefully not too hard to intergrate)

Not so sure on the second paragraph - kinda makes it like a tourist industry . This is war, man!

Are you kidding!? You have to take permission from a country to use it's field!... Unless, it may differ for *cough* U.S. *ohm*

Quote Originally Posted by War_Peace
    Are you kidding!? You have to take permission from a country to use it's field!... Unless, it may differ for *cough* U.S. *ohm*

Hehe

Can I please move my troops across your map so that I can attack you, thanks in advance, Blitzkriegmj

I don't mind, more geos are good geos... but, I dunno.

paying for the travel is not a bad idea, might cut down on the cross globe attacks a little but the toll taxes to cross someones territory is rediculous, you'd have to pay 25 people to cross a single continent.

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Quote Originally Posted by michael fontenot
    paying for the travel is not a bad idea, might cut down on the cross globe attacks a little but the toll taxes to cross someones territory is rediculous, you'd have to pay 25 people to cross a single continent.
    Small amounts my dear!...

And bigger an army - bigger the payment of course...

of course..

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

one would have to be able to avoid the city fields as to avoid tax, ofcourse it would take longer. just add a delay to every "city Field" (pays W_P for coined term) if its avoided, bigger cities have a bigger delay, etc.