Thread: See how long it is before enemy armies reach cities?

Default See how long it is before enemy armies reach cities?

Currently, the only way to see when an enemy army will reach a city is by checking the "armies on their way to this city" page, then looking up all the players and numbers in GE. It'd be more convenient to have the times when they will arrive on the page.

Exactly!...

Come on people... Work, work!

Agree - hope it's easy to do.

It would work good on the city page next to the number of armies headed towards that city to post the ETA of the first army to arrive. Also on the My Armies page next to the location (or destination) of each particular army to post the ETA instead of clicking on each army to see it.

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Advice: don't let making the game easier make us forget that some information about reality comes with blood, sweat and tears. The game needs to reward the hard work of diligent players. I agree that information that IS avaialble should be HANDILY available, but this is one of the things that I question whether it should be available at all. If a sending government doesn't announce its intentions, all you know about its armies in motion is their position and speed, and whatever inferences you can draw from their current political/martial relationships with other players. I think that making the latter prospect moot by offering informational shortcuts to data you'd not have in the real world, is missing a simple opportunity to let this game force the kind of diligence that makes games more -- not less -- interesting.