Thread: Nuke Shield Expirations

Default Nuke Shield Expirations

One of the next things I'd like to add is for nuke shields to expire. The question is - how long should they last? I'm thinking a variable amount of time, like "15-25 days" or something.

Also, who should know the expiration date? Just the current city owner? Everyone? No one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    One of the next things I'd like to add is for nuke shields to expire. The question is - how long should they last? I'm thinking a variable amount of time, like "15-25 days" or something.

Also, who should know the expiration date? Just the current city owner? Everyone? No one?
    My vote is that only the owner should know. Are you also going to make the shields go away when a city is lost? Selling the nuke shields would be fun too.

Someone said a bit ago that there should be a "risk" factor with nukes and shields... Lemme go find it.

Here: http://www.googleearthhacks.com/foru...ead.php?t=1890

So I don't like the idea of working my butt off for 250 geos every 15-25 days, unless I get nuked every 15-25 days.

Default Can't hold myself!

No to Nukes! Not to Nuke Shields!

In fact, No Geos for Nukes means no Geos for Shields!

Remove everything about Nukes from our clean game!

Or at least make it so that nukes only kill half the armies like in Civ3... And also make it so that it doesn't produce tax revenue for a day or two instead of being uninhabitable.

But I agree with W_P, nukes are pretty cheap.

If your going to make nuke shields expire, then you should make nukes VERY expensive. It's crazy to pay 250 for a shield that that will expire and then you get nuked by someone who invested less in nukes.

Exactly Beezer, if nuke shields have an expiration date then the nukes should be extremely expensive. Also only the owner should know the expiration of the shields, otherwise enemies will be waiting with thier finger on the launch button!

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Quote Originally Posted by michael fontenot
    Exactly Beezer, if nuke shields have an expiration date then the nukes should be extremely expensive. Also only the owner should know the expiration of the shields, otherwise enemies will be waiting with thier finger on the launch button!
    Make the nuke sheild weaken over time to where it would need to be refreshed via geos.

Nuke shields could weaken due to multi nuke attacks say three would destroy the sheild unless it could be maintained during an attack. Doing it this way would lay a burdon on the attacker as well as the one being attacked. My thought is to discourage nukes without doing away with them.

That's a good idea witt, but the price of nukes should still be raised to help discourage using them.

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Someone earlyer said that enemies shouldnt see if a city has a nuke shield, so there'd be a risk involved. i have no clue who said it and im too lazy too search for it, if noone did, im saying it now..

With the nuke shields "depleting" or whatever comes out of this discussion i think this'll be even more important. make it more fun to nuke a city. pressing the big red button gets tiring after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by michael fontenot
    That's a good idea witt, but the price of nukes should still be raised to help discourage using them.
    Well M.F. I think nukes and shields just go away.

And perhaps change the kills. Don't let a nuke always be a 100% perfect hit.
    Some would only kill a small percentage of your troops or none.
    Make it dangerous to use them.
    Like self exploding nukes that blow up in your face when you try to launch em

Good buzz. My take is this: when thinking about nuclear weapons, don't think about the current beta state of the game, where everyone has 'em. As you flesh out this feature, think about the next instance of the game, where countries will need to be seriously developed, among other things, before they can even think about a nuclear program (that's where I hope you're going to go with this). So don't determine feature changes now by how you figure they'll work in the current mess.

Hey Mick, we're in beta. Implement the "gotta be a developed country" now (good investments, good resource assets, good armies, etc.) and let us all cash in our nukes. Then kill all nukes AND shields once you have the new features for this in play.