Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: Group Account

  1. #16

    Default

    I like the idea of having a separate account that would have some rules built in. Something like this:
    1. Authorized users - a group of users set up who have access to the account.
    2. No one person could withdraw more than xx% of the funds without group approval.
    3. All deposits become the money of the alliance. Anyone who leaves the alliance forfeits any money they deposited.

    All of this would take some work. Plus there would have to be a huge trust factor among players. I hope everyone would be honorable...

  2. #17
    Senior Member blitzkrieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aravan
    All of this would take some work. Plus there would have to be a huge trust factor among players. I hope everyone would be honorable...
    I think that's the point, we are a fully anonymous community, and this is a game. Someone's gotta win at some point don't they???

    Let the winner write their own history. Backstabbing bastard becomes shrewd, cunning and oportunistic!

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aravan
    I like the idea of having a separate account that would have some rules built in. Something like this:
    1. Authorized users - a group of users set up who have access to the account.
    2. No one person could withdraw more than xx% of the funds without group approval.
    3. All deposits become the money of the alliance. Anyone who leaves the alliance forfeits any money they deposited.

    All of this would take some work. Plus there would have to be a huge trust factor among players. I hope everyone would be honorable...
    Now we are getting some where with this idea. Thanks for the input Aravan.
    Do you think this is can be done?

  4. #19
    Administrator Mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    I like the idea, but it would be a lot of work and I don't really see the advantages.

    Interest wouldn't matter - the total interest gained on 4 - 500 Geo accounts would be the same as on one big 2000 Geo account.

    Again, it's a neat idea, but I can't see why it would be worth the work.

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkriegmj
    I think that's the point, we are a fully anonymous community, and this is a game. Someone's gotta win at some point don't they???

    Let the winner write their own history. Backstabbing bastard becomes shrewd, cunning and oportunistic!
    Good point but there are no backstabbers in the New Alliance.

  6. #21
    Senior Member blitzkrieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anthonywitt
    Good point but there are no backstabbers in the New Alliance.

    Hehe - yet

    Or if that is your 100% belief, then you will never win the game outright, someone has to betray the "New Alliance" to win outright.

    Anyway - I'll stay the little guy, John Howard is good with alliances, us Aussies have a good alliance reputation - give me the geos to take over all of Australia and I'll hold the fort against the rampaging W_P who is on the doorsetep as I speak!

  7. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    I like the idea, but it would be a lot of work and I don't really see the advantages.

    Interest wouldn't matter - the total interest gained on 4 - 500 Geo accounts would be the same as on one big 2000 Geo account.

    Again, it's a neat idea, but I can't see why it would be worth the work.
    The players would have ownership together.
    It would bond alliance members. We have already started bonding and forming trust. Not bad coming from so many cultures from around the world.
    There would be an advantage on large accounts. Interest is one plus other resorces could be bought fron this account which earnings could be returned to the accout making it that much bigger.
    I didnt mean to dispute with you Mickey but you are not looking at the big picture.
    A bank operates in the same manner. You dont think you put your money in and it just sits there. No the bank uses that money for lones and investments all of which collect interest. What I am asking for would be an asset to the game. A alliance could do things together.

    You have alot of young players that could learn from this. You seem to promote education.

    Think before you say know. Please.
    Last edited by anthonywitt; 09-18-2005 at 03:32 AM.

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkriegmj
    Hehe - yet

    Or if that is your 100% belief, then you will never win the game outright, someone has to betray the "New Alliance" to win outright.

    Anyway - I'll stay the little guy, John Howard is good with alliances, us Aussies have a good alliance reputation - give me the geos to take over all of Australia and I'll hold the fort against the rampaging W_P who is on the doorsetep as I speak!
    I kinda thought he was who you were speaking of. Were you one of his allies? If not how did he stab oyu in the back.

    This is a good point. If your alliance had this account you would be able to build your army quickly. Even a 1000 troops make a difference. It would depend on how quickly your allaince could build an account and there a good ways to do this.

  9. #24
    Senior Member blitzkrieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anthonywitt
    I kinda thought he was who you were speaking of. Were you one of his allies? If not how did he stab oyu in the back.

    This is a good point. If your alliance had this account you would be able to build your army quickly. Even a 1000 troops make a difference. It would depend on how quickly your allaince could build an account and there a good ways to do this.
    Whatever - If you have W_P in your "new alliance" then go sleep with the enemy, whatever... He'd be one to trust!

    If I built my army quickly with the "alliance" money, then the "alliance" would not have much money left. If all you guys really make a spare 200 geos a day just from your diamond mines, then I have a long way to go.

    It's not my fight, you guys can already transfer funds into each other's accounts if need be, this is a game, someone's gotta win. What will you do if/when your "new alliance" takes over the world? All hold hands a play on a slippery-dip?
    Last edited by blitzkriegmj; 09-18-2005 at 03:53 AM. Reason: typo

  10. #25
    Administrator Mickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,462

    Default

    I think the best (and easiest) way to do this is if we establish "real" alliances, meaning something the game can recognize.

    The general consensus had been that we should not do that, but rather let alliances be more loosely formed via the message board and private messages. Thoughts?

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkriegmj
    Whatever - If you have W_P in your "new alliance" then go sleep with the enemy, whatever... He'd be one to trust!

    If I built my army quickly with the "alliance" money, then the "alliance" would not have much money left. If all you guys really make a spare 200 geos a day just from your diamond mines, then I have a long way to go.

    It's not my fight, you guys can already transfer funds into each other's accounts if need be, this is a game, someone's gotta win. What will you do if/when your "new alliance" takes over the world? All hold hands a play on a slippery-dip?
    No he is not in the New Alliance. I like him but he is a loose cannon. We have aggreed not to attack each others allaince.

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    I think the best (and easiest) way to do this is if we establish "real" alliances, meaning something the game can recognize.

    The general consensus had been that we should not do that, but rather let alliances be more loosely formed via the message board and private messages. Thoughts?
    I am not going to let the account thingy go so easy. I know alot of programming by you would need to be done.

    "Real" alliances is a great idea. An allaince could conqure the world together under one name.
    We have been renaming are armies as not to attack each other by mistake. with a "real" allaince this woud not need to be done (we could use the bank (haha) to fund the "real" allaince).
    How would this be done? Would it be listed? Man I have all kinds of ideas popping up in my head for this suggestion from you.

    This is good because the majority of people want to belong to something "real".You do know that this game my becoming more than a game
    its "real".
    Last edited by anthonywitt; 09-18-2005 at 05:30 AM.

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Interest wouldn't matter - the total interest gained on 4 - 500 Geo accounts would be the same as on one big 2000 Geo account.
    Hmm... What did I say...

  14. #29

    Default

    Firstly I read a lot of talk about one guy winning the game.
    To my opinion the game has been set up to be everlasting.
    How can you have a winner with so many people in the game?
    Eventually even if there was a guy who would own every city, he'd lose some.

    How about if the bank is something you can really work for.
    Like if you have 10.000Geo's in the bank, your interest is slightly upgraded?
    I know it has his problems because big guys would only get bigger... but at least you have something to work for and the smaller guys have to do some hard work too.

    That way, one bank account for an alliance would have use as you would reach the limit for an interest upgrade faster.
    An official alliance does have his use as you can never accidently attack an army. If the alliance gets big it might sometimes be hard to remember the small guys in it. If instead of one gree tent we could choose a symbol and color it would already be easier. And the symbol and color could also be shown at an occupied city.
    Or am I asking wayyy too much now?

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by War_Peace
    Hmm... What did I say...
    I know but hope you are wrong. Hey you could be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •