Thread: Army speed

Exclamation Army speed

Maybe this has been suggested before but I think altering the speed of armies in relation to the size makes a lot of sense. smaller army=faster, larger army=slower. While it's a hassle to use several small armies for a mission they would get there faster and this might detur making armies of 50000+ soldiers.

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Quote Originally Posted by michael fontenot
    Maybe this has been suggested before but I think altering the speed of armies in relation to the size makes a lot of sense. smaller army=faster, larger army=slower. While it's a hassle to use several small armies for a mission they would get there faster and this might detur making armies of 50000+ soldiers.
    Thats real. A large army in the real world is hard to move.
    What would be concidered a small army?

Definitions of size wouldn't matter. Work it out in a formula, the larger the army the slower it moves. I'm all for reducing army sizes, I suggested a 10,000 cap a few days ago, they make it hard for beginners who don't have 20 diamond mines, 20 oil and 20 cotton yet......

Good timing! Beezer and I were just discussing this tonight. I'll get it implemented fairly soon.

wicked

Heheh, reminds me of this one incident during the Battle of Stalingrad...

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The initial advance of the 6th Army was so successful that Hitler intervened, and ordered the 4th Panzer Army to join Army Group South (A) to the south. A massive traffic jam resulted when the 4th Army caught up to the 6th on the few roads in the area, and both armies were stopped dead while they attempted to clear the resulting mess of thousands of vehicles. The delay was astonishingly long, it is thought that it cost the advance at least one week. With the advance now slowed, Hitler changed his mind and re-assigned the 4th Panzer back to the attack on Stalingrad.
    Russian roads were pretty awful too, especially in winter when they turned into mud. I even have a documentary film where they have footage of the Germans trying to advance through the Russian mud... Their tires had like 6 inches of mud caked on them.

BUT THAT'S JUST ME!

I can't believe I'm going to say this.................

I think you should implement the army speed equation at the same time as an ability to move troops between armies otherwise "poor" rich folk with 50K armies will be stuck with their behemoth movements.

Yes, it should be an exponential equation governing the reduction in speed as size increases.

sounds like it's unanimous...This game is getting more dynamic everyday, great job on the upgrades Mickey, we'll keep thinking of more additions to keep you busy.

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporal
    Heheh, reminds me of this one incident during the Battle of Stalingrad...

Russian roads were pretty awful too, especially in winter when they turned into mud. I even have a documentary film where they have footage of the Germans trying to advance through the Russian mud... Their tires had like 6 inches of mud caked on them.

BUT THAT'S JUST ME!
    A real factor to army speed. Weather and ground conditions would slow things a bit. Good thought.

Quote Originally Posted by michael fontenot
    sounds like it's unanimous...This game is getting more dynamic everyday, great job on the upgrades Mickey, we'll keep thinking of more additions to keep you busy.
    If you read all the suggestions in the Fourms you would see Mickey has no LIFE much less time to play the game.

By the way good suggestion. Good comments. Keep em coming brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Good timing! Beezer and I were just discussing this tonight. I'll get it implemented fairly soon.
    Ahh, that's just dandy! Not only the troops will move slow but the enemy will see how big a moving army is! Just nice!...

The enemy can guess how big the army is, but at least have time to prepare for the battle by sending in several small armies to beat the attacker to the city. it would help keep bahemut armies from tromping around the globe taking what they want with no penalty for marching aroud 200000 troops.