Thread: Afghan Election

Default Afghan Election

As I hear choppers coming in to the base I read this quote by a voter and the work completed and lives lost to make this election happen sinks in. Here is the quote from one enduring Afghan. "Today is a magnificent day for Afghanistan," said Ali Safar, 62, standing in line to vote in Kabul. "We want dignity, we want stability and peace."
    Troops from around the world have made this happen.

What are your thoughts on this?

i think you were right witt,
    nobody cares.

Now with GAMES, so even if you can't be the best at GEWar, maybe you can set some highscores.

it's a good thing to be able to decide what you want to do...
    who leads the country and what they do to it.....
    Too many people take it for granted...

and to those that don't vote.... you've made a choice to let others decided for you.... so no complaining...

Quote Originally Posted by anthonywitt
    As I hear choppers coming in to the base I read this quote by a voter and the work completed and lives lost to make this election happen sinks in. Here is the quote from one enduring Afghan. "Today is a magnificent day for Afghanistan," said Ali Safar, 62, standing in line to vote in Kabul. "We want dignity, we want stability and peace."
    Troops from around the world have made this happen.

What are your thoughts on this?
    Sorry I missed this post when it first came out Anthony. My thoughts? I thank God that people like you are willing to go places you don't want to go, to do things you don't want to do, in order that this world might become a better place.

"We want dignity, we want stability and peace." People like you are making this happen Anthony, and myself and millions of other Americans say Thank You.

can you speak german?