Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alliances!

Default Alliances!

Alliances are now active in GEwar! Here are the details:

- You can visit the main alliances page to create a new alliance.
    - The person that creates the alliance is the "leader" of that alliance and has a great deal of power. That person can rename the alliance, invite people to join it and kick people out.
    - You can leave an alliance at any time. If you're the "leader", you will have to disband the entire alliance in order to leave it.
    - The maximum size for an alliance is 8 users.
    - If you've been invitied to join an alliance, that will appear when you visit the main alliances page.
    - There is a top alliances page which shows alliances ranked the same way the top players are ranked.
    - You can click on an alliance name to view some details. You will see the users in the alliance, the number of cities they own, their total value, and the number of armies that they have. You will not see their troop totals or any financial information.
    - If you join an alliance, your allies will be able to see pretty much ALL of your info. Choose your allies wisely!
    - Being an ally has no affect on your ability to attack someone. If one of your allies chooses to attack you, that's between you and them.
    - You can leave messages on your allies page for the rest of your team to see. These messages are only displayed for your alliance.

I just wrote a ton of code for all of this, so it's sure to have a few bugs. Let me know what you find.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Alliances are now active in GEwar!
    Sweet!

The maximum size for an alliance is 8 users.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by birq
    Why?
    I think it needs a reasonably low cap so that the top 15 players don't all join together and dominate the world.

I can see the alliances becoming like "teams" (clans, whatever). Keeping a low ceiling will keep the teams relatively fair and could make for some fun times.

What are you your thoughts?

I don't think there should be any arbitrary artifical limits. If 15 of the small guys want to band together, they'll just form 2 allied alliances. Likewise, if the biggies want to band together, a limit of 8 won't stop anything.

The bigguns wouldnt want to group, they could conquer the world in days, and then? it would fall apart cause they attack each other!

Evolution!

Angry Maximum size

When was maximum size of alliances changed? Now top 2 alliances have 52 members and biggest one has 97 cities. That sucks.
    Igor Irić
    New Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro

They had that many members(we had for example), only back then we just to take 4 places in the top 10 and now only 1, making room for more alliances to get some credit.

Angry

New Alliance Revolution is worth 483K, everyone else around 6 times less!
    Igor Irić

Senior Member TheMightySquigglies's Avatar

yup until you took my cities now I'm gonna have to build some really big armies and have a pop back at ya

Who Dares Wins - Motto of the best special forces unit in the world, the SAS

Unhappy

I think it needs a reasonably low cap so that the top 15 players don't all join together and dominate the world.

I can see the alliances becoming like "teams" (clans, whatever). Keeping a low ceiling will keep the teams relatively fair and could make for some fun times.

They joined...
    Igor Irić

Quote Originally Posted by iricigor
    New Alliance Revolution is worth 483K, everyone else around 6 times less!
    Why are you angry at players because they play the game well?
    Maybe because we have a lot of social contact with eachother, we all play a little more and help eachother more.

Don't forget we all started out as newbies.
    And lots were newbies when they joined us.

Default The New Allaince

New Alliance was the only alliance that would let me in and for that I have much more success. For that I will continue to support them!! Don't hate the player, hate the game!!
    "How do you kill Women and Children? It's easy you just don't lead them as much." Full Metal Jacket

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepuuk
    Why are you angry at players because they play the game well?
    I'm not angry with anyone, but I think it would be more interesting if we would have more equal opponents. If you're having almost entire world, newbies and other alliances can not do anything important. Just to try to stay away from you.
    Igor Irić

Senior Member TheMightySquigglies's Avatar

just take it on the chin, build up resources like noones business and have a go back at them, thats what I intend to do and thats what the game is made for. I'll probably lose but I'll have fun trying.

Who Dares Wins - Motto of the best special forces unit in the world, the SAS

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightySquigglies
    just take it on the chin, build up resources like noones business and have a go back at them, thats what I intend to do and thats what the game is made for. I'll probably lose but I'll have fun trying.
    that's the spirit !! go Suigglies !! go !!

I'll just be in my corner quaking in fear....