Thread: Risk for Google Earth

Default Risk for Google Earth

This is more of an idea than something I've found. I think it would be really cool to make a version of Risk for Google Earth. There would need to be an accompanying site obviously to run the interactive part of it. But there would be nothing more satisfying to see the globe overlayed with your army.

Alternatively (and more easily) it could be hooked up to an existing version of online Risk. Colored overlays could represent the territory conquered by each player. Google Earth need not be the playing mechanism, but just an added feature to the game.

I'm down for some programming if anyone else is interested. or this could just be a stupid idea that has been tried before with a regular 3d map.

rob

It's certainly not a stupid idea. I've heard others discussing the same idea, although no one really has a great idea on how to do it.

My initial guess is that you could play the actual game outside of Google Earth (or perhaps in an Internet window inside GE), while the actual view of the game came in via Network Links. However, I don't know enough about Network Links (or Risk, for that matter) to have any idea exactly how this could be done.

Talking

And you could have version for the Ultra Rich that hires armies to actually visit the appropriate spots as the Satellite goes over The ultimate in Geek Vanity Toys ... The new Net Napoleon ...

I agree, this is a great idea! I was never very good at that game, but it should be very possible with network links.
    Just look at what's been done with flickr images already.