Thread: Driving Directions

Default Driving Directions

I'm pretty new to GE and I'm loving it. My ? is, is there any sort of intergration with driving directions? LIke could you be zoomed in to a certain level, put in driving directions and the map takes the tip using the actual highways and roads in the driving directions, so that you can see the roads and landmarks before you go?.

If there isn't something like that, someone should think about it. It could be very useful for preparing for a trip.

and just cool.

You could have map and driving directions as files, then edit your Placemark and put these links in as HTML so they are clickable.

Lightbulb

Yes, you can use GE for driving directions.

E.g. you can left click a placemark as starting point (or create a placemark for your starting point, e.g. your house) and select "From here" in the baloon, then left click a destination placemark (or, again create one if there is none for your destination) and select "To here" in the baloon. Then on the right hand side in the "Directions" tab, click the magnifying glass button and it should give you the directions.

Hth