Thread: Thai weapons storage near Lop Buri discussion

Default Thai weapons storage near Lop Buri discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Thai weapons storage near Lop Buri

This Royal Thai Army base has large storage areas for what appears to be a very quiet base. They seem very modern weapons areas (revetted and regularly spaced).

I would like opinions on what the other modern buildings to the south of the site are used for.

Cool

Sure this is an army area? There is a fence around it - but only the south entrance has some kind of checkpoint or security. The others are wide open and you can drive directly from the town into the "weapon storage".

Where did you get that information from?

... and the south entrance checkpoint could also be a truck leaving the area.

Look at the heavy security around the northern airbase. Just two entrances, both with guards.

And what kind of "weapons" are we talking about here??

Default Weapons Storage?

My guess that it is a weapons storage area comes simply from the layout of the area and a familiarity with such areas around the world during an earlier military career. Typically bunkers are built at set distances apart in revetments (to avoid sympathetic detonation in event of an incident/accident) adjacent to airfields that may need them.
    I have no knowledge of weapons actually stored - the lack of security and quietness of the base suggest that there are none at the moment. I was simply curious that such modern, well constructed facilities exist.

Similarly I find the modern constructions further south interesting - I do not recognise them & was hoping for enlightenment on Hacks!

Default Further info

Sa Pran Nak Airport is a Royal Thai Air Force Base, but Kok Khatiam to the south is the HQ for Royal Thai Army Aviation.
    There is a Thai Army Artillery Range in the Lop Buri area (I'm still looking) that is used during the annual Cobra Gold exercises (which normally involve US Marine units based in Okinawa).