Thread: GroundOverlay Image Update? (Network Link)

Default GroundOverlay Image Update? (Network Link)

Hi,
    I want to be able to have a GroundOverlay Image (jpg) that displays then after a time period (defined in the kml file which was assiged via 'network link') it changes to a secondary file. Does anyone know if this is possible. By adding two entries in the kml for this it chooses only one when it runs.
    Hope someone has an example I can use. I summary its changing jpg 1 to jpg 2 in the earth display.
    Thanks.
    GL

Default Updating same Image

Also looking for a clear example where same image updates (via network link) every 30 seconds or so. Know this is very possible but simple example would help. This is a different question to previous about multi image etc.

Quote Originally Posted by geolog
    In summary its changing jpg 1 to jpg 2 in the earth display.GL
    OK - this is pure supposition on my part. GEarth travels the internet to find the overlay, then lays it out. What if you had an animated GIF that had layer one on for five seconds, then layer two shows up? You could set the timing in ImageReady, then when GEarth grabs the file, it would play it back.
    Also looking for a clear example where same image updates (via network link) every 30 seconds or so.
    Again - just pure guessing on my part, but I think that GEarth grabs the image when the placemark is loaded and I don't think it refreshes. Someone with more skill than myself would have to experiment.

Default No Animated GIF support

Hi,
    GE doesn't support animated gifs unfortunately which is where thers a problem.
    GL

Quote Originally Posted by Appletom
    OK - this is pure supposition on my part. GEarth travels the internet to find the overlay, then lays it out. What if you had an animated GIF that had layer one on for five seconds, then layer two shows up? You could set the timing in ImageReady, then when GEarth grabs the file, it would play it back.Again - just pure guessing on my part, but I think that GEarth grabs the image when the placemark is loaded and I don't think it refreshes. Someone with more skill than myself would have to experiment.
    I am afraid it wouldn't work like that.
    The application displaying the image (in this case google earth) is responsible for switching from one frame of the gif to the next.

CC