Thread: About the GE hacks downloads.

Default About the GE hacks downloads.

Hi All.

First of all let me tell you that I'm amazed with Google Earth. I really think it is the best utilisation of the internet so far.
    As more and more Hacks for google earth become available, I was wondering about the following.

Would it be possible to have one big zip file available, holding all of the released new overlay files. This way one download brings you completely up to date.

Also, it seems that some overlays are of higher res then the GE image. Does this mean that there are databases out there holding higher resolution images then currently available through GE ?

Default hmmm

No, it's not possible because we'd constantly be making a new folder with all the files in it because G.E. Hacks.com receives enw files almost every minute. So there would be no time in between adding the new uploaded files to the folder because we wouldn't be able to upload it.
    Check out the all new hYpe Entertainment to see some of my cool music remixes. Just go to hYpe Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi
    Would it be possible to have one big zip file available, holding all of the released new overlay files. This way one download brings you completely up to date.
    I'm looking into how to generate "network links", which may be able to do that sort of thing to some degree. Maybe in a few weeks...

Also, it seems that some overlays are of higher res then the GE image. Does this mean that there are databases out there holding higher resolution images then currently available through GE ?
    Yes, for some things. Some of the images came from Terraserver, I think. Others have come from individual websites. I've passed one around locally that has an overlay for our church - which came from an airplane photographer we hired a few months ago.

Someone else may be able to give some more specific examples.

id like to also say nice site... i heard about GE on a Nextel forum i regular every day.. i work for a land survey company in NE florida most of the image i use in aerial surveys are avaliable through different county sources.. im going too assume whoever put this together has contacted many different people in accumulating all the aerial information.. this is a real big deal with GPS capability.. this takes getting directions from GPS or yahoomaps, or even street and trips to a whole new level.. its awsome..

john m.

Default hey

cool idea mickey tell me where you're learning how to make network links because I'd love to make some myself.
    Check out the all new hYpe Entertainment to see some of my cool music remixes. Just go to hYpe Entertainment

Default Thanks.

Does anybody know if there is a High Res aerial image available on the internet covering Auckland, Manukau, and Franklin in New Zealand.?

Would love to see that one included in Google Earth.

This site covers Western Australia with an interface similar to google maps.

http://www.landonline.com.au/skyview...ct_group_id=78

It seems to not work sometimes but, when it does, its good.

Default hey

hey patroni,
    any news on realesing something like that similiar to the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi
    Does anybody know if there is a High Res aerial image available on the internet covering Auckland, Manukau, and Franklin in New Zealand.?

Would love to see that one included in Google Earth.
    I think there is a high res portion which covers just north of Auckland. Apart from that, I think you'll just have to wait.

You could always download and georeference the aerials avaliable from LINZ, but I'm not sure these are any higher rez (and they're B/W's). To georeference, you just need a paper copy of the LINZ topo maps ... it's pretty easy to figure out where the corners are (there are four photo's to a topo map).

http://www.linz.govt.nz/rcs/linz/pub...otos/index.jsp

Quote Originally Posted by hypeserver
    hey patroni,
    any news on realesing something like that similiar to the U.S.
    No Idea. I think you're better off waiting for the google earth coverage to get better.

Default Thanks.

Thanks SASniper.

I will have a look there.