Thread: 2nd account people

Default 2nd account people

you suck
    Mickey should check the IP addresses.

On a side note.. maybe related, maybe not.
    I just saw a brilliant dual strike on Houston by Beezer/Nokras or whatever.. 3 minutes apart. They must have some seriously good communication going on.
    Chad +1 from War_Peace
    http://www.free-games.com.au/Free_On...iplayer_Games/ -- Bunch of free online games similar to GEWARS

Quote Originally Posted by reklats
    you suck
    Mickey should check the IP addresses.
    What's the problem??

On a side note.. maybe related, maybe not.
    I just saw a brilliant dual strike on Houston by Beezer/Nokras or whatever.. 3 minutes apart. They must have some seriously good communication going on.
    Well, we are in the same alliance.

Talking

Good work you two..

The problem is, people should only have one account or their second accounts should be labeled as such so we know (if it doesn't violate the rules, which I think it does). Anyway, I see some odd things happen that could only be explained by either people in close communication (telephone) or two people inside the same head (pschyzo).

Too keep the game fair, maybe Mickey could sweep up all the duplicate accounts by checking the IP addresses accessing them.
    Chad +1 from War_Peace
    http://www.free-games.com.au/Free_On...iplayer_Games/ -- Bunch of free online games similar to GEWARS

For the record, I was on the phone with Nokras. He's been a friend of mine since high school.

Too keep the game fair, maybe Mickey could sweep up all the duplicate accounts by checking the IP addresses accessing them.
    IP doesn't quite work, though. My wife has an account and gets on and does stuff every once in a while, and we're both behind the same router with NAT. We most likely show up as the same address, but we're not cheating. And there's nothing that says that the entire membership of an 8-person alliance can't all live in the same house, as long as they're 8 different people.

Quote Originally Posted by birq
    IP doesn't quite work, though. My wife has an account and gets on and does stuff every once in a while, and we're both behind the same router with NAT. We most likely show up as the same address, but we're not cheating. And there's nothing that says that the entire membership of an 8-person alliance can't all live in the same house, as long as they're 8 different people.
    The dual account thing is pretty hard to stop. For example, my laptop can pick up the wireless signal from my neighbors house. So if I wanted to, I could get 2 laptops and run off two seperate IP addresses and have 2 seperate accounts.

Just incase you all were wondering reklats is aravan..
    Chad.. which account is your primary one, i'll be banning the other.

T.

Quote Originally Posted by araT

T.
    Which would explain why he was pointing out the Houston incident. Houston was formerly owned by aravan.

Talking

Nah, Aravan is a co-worker.. we play at work.. which is something I thought of when I mentioned IP addresses as well. So yah, I guess that wouldn't work either. ;( -- I only noticed the Houston thing because Aravan told me something was up over there.
    Chad +1 from War_Peace

Quote Originally Posted by araT

T.
    Nice accusation. Not true, but nice. I wish I was that smart to figure out how to play with multiple IP addresses. Chad and I have been playing from work together for a few months. Matter of fact, he's the one who got me started on this game. Ban his account, he hardly plays anyway...

bahahaha ... jerk
    Chad +1 from War_Peace

Yeah, stopping multiple accounts will be hard. Even if we're quite sure that we've busted someone, they can say "he's a co-worker", or "it's my brother on the same router at home" or something like that and there's no way to prove they're lying.

(FYI - I can vouch for Beezer - him and Nokras are different people)

I guess if you suspect that someone has two accounts, let me know via PM and I'll check it out.

Our best solution is to make it where having a second account offers no real advantage...

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Yeah, stopping multiple accounts will be hard. Even if we're quite sure that we've busted someone, they can say "he's a co-worker", or "it's my brother on the same router at home" or something like that and there's no way to prove they're lying.

(FYI - I can vouch for Beezer - him and Nokras are different people)

I guess if you suspect that someone has two accounts, let me know via PM and I'll check it out.

Our best solution is to make it where having a second account offers no real advantage...
    No need to vouch for Beezer. We know he and nokras are different players. The problem with IP addresses is that someone playing at work, me for example, will look the same as anyone else playing from this same location - reklats and probably a few more that we are enticing to play. Wells Fargo is a big company with 5,000 people just in our building with access to the internet. If more than a couple of us play we are all going to look like the same person.