Thread: Effective Immediately - No scripts of any kind

Default Effective Immediately - No scripts of any kind

Due to abuse by too many members (and their scripts hitting our server far too hard), no scripts of any kind are allowed to be used.

If we find out that you are using a script, you will lose all of your Geos, resources, cities and armies, and you account will be banned from the game.

Thanks.

Mickey,
    Is the reason for this just the load on the servers? I've put a some work into making sure my scripts aren't hitting your site too much.
    Could you post an access_log summary of your top 50 IPs or something so we an idea of the problem?
    I'm not trying to be a pain, but could you define "script"? I think there's a difference between collecting a huge volume of jewels and just parsing the XML files to be used in calculations and planning.

ET

I agree.. if we have to collect jewels the long way I might as well stop playing. That sucks bad... scrolling around, etc.,
    Chad +1 from War_Peace
    http://www.free-games.com.au/Free_On...iplayer_Games/ -- Bunch of free online games similar to GEWARS

Senior Member TheMightySquigglies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reklats
    I agree.. if we have to collect jewels the long way I might as well stop playing. That sucks bad... scrolling around, etc.,
    So you really mean if you lose your advantage you may aswell not play?

I collect jewels the old fashioned way and am doing ok for myself. Sure I dont have a lot of money etc.. but at least I know I'm giving everyone else a fair chance in the game.

Cheating is easy, playing fair is hard!

Who Dares Wins - Motto of the best special forces unit in the world, the SAS

Angry

No, I'm saying if I can't just read the xml files and go to the city I might as well not play. My PC isn't fast enough to render google earth and I would rather not be tied to google earth in order to take part in the strategy of the game. There's basically no way I can compete if I have to go to each jewel one by one in the google earth program and collect my 2 geos at that slow pace.
    Chad +1 from War_Peace
    http://www.free-games.com.au/Free_On...iplayer_Games/ -- Bunch of free online games similar to GEWARS

Quote Originally Posted by reklats
    No, I'm saying if I can't just read the xml files and go to the city I might as well not play. My PC isn't fast enough to render google earth and I would rather not be tied to google earth in order to take part in the strategy of the game. There's basically no way I can compete if I have to go to each jewel one by one in the google earth program and collect my 2 geos at that slow pace.
    The game was desinged to leverage Google Earth. Hence the name Google Earth War.

I would guess that the vast majority of people collecting jewels are doing so the old-fashioned way. So really, the playing field should now be level. That's when real strategy comes into play.

I completely agree.. I say take the no-tolerance road Mick

T.

Default At last

Well done Mickey! I have been playing this game for some time now and collecting jewels is a pain but it is part of the game! People who script are CHEATING.

yippiyayeee!

i love the decision to bane script-users - this is more fairness for the fair players

maybe it sucks collecting jewels by hand (well, let me think about that ... ehm ... sure it sucks!), but it sucks even more if you do so and your hardly built up army is flattened by an script-overnight-collector.

Yes this is the way to go. It will level the playing field some day but not now there are some mega goe holders out there will never need to hunt the old way. They are still living off thier scripted geos. Some are the top 3 or 4 in the. game and you know who they are. to make this fair you should set the top players back to at least 20,000 geos. Hey make it hard on them as well. You know some of them and the rest will show thierselves through complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonywitt
    Yes this is the way to go. It will level the playing field some day but not now there are some mega goe holders out there will never need to hunt the old way. They are still living off thier scripted geos. Some are the top 3 or 4 in the. game and you know who they are. to make this fair you should set the top players back to at least 20,000 geos. Hey make it hard on them as well. You know some of them and the rest will show thierselves through complaining.
    LOL

he's talking about himself, and the NA in the 3rd person. that's just sweet.
    Think, then speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley
    LOL

he's talking about himself, and the NA in the 3rd person. that's just sweet.

Hypocrisy was never as sweet as this before...